Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Death, and the Girl He Loves (Darklight, #3)
This topic is about Death, and the Girl He Loves
Death and the Girl He Loves > Chapter 17 - Beast

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Vicki (vicki_lp) | 217 comments Mod
Lorelei went to Tabitha's house to talk to her about her rape the year before, revealing the events to Tabitha's mom. Do you think Tabitha having the support of her parents will help her change her personality?

And Maluk. Lorelei's guardian, waiting for her in the woods. How will that go over, bringing the beast home? That scene honestly brought tears to my eyes!

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I enjoyed that Maluk came back to be with Lorelei, but I can't make any sense of it. If she changed the past, how come they ever met? I know they were remembering bits of the other life, but why would a demon rather live hidden on Earth? And did they just come up with another guardian of Hell? How come a huge supernatural being doesn't mind being someone's pet?...

I could see more of him as a guardian to immortal Lorelei away from her human life. So many questions lol

message 3: by Dana, Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Ines wrote: "I enjoyed that Maluk came back to be with Lorelei, but I can't make any sense of it. If she changed the past, how come they ever met? I know they were remembering bits of the other life, but why wo..."

I would hope so, teens act like they don't need their parents but in truth they need them more than ever at that age. I think if Tabitha thought she was being understood, her attitude would do a 360.
Yea, Maluk opened up a whole can of worms for me. I really want to learn more. As always Ines asks the best questions. Now, she has me thinking about other things. LOL

Jacki C. | 8 comments I kind of liked the idea of Maluk pouting that Lorelei hadn't been to see him sooner!

Vicki (vicki_lp) | 217 comments Mod
Jacki wrote: "I kind of liked the idea of Maluk pouting that Lorelei hadn't been to see him sooner!"

Me too!

message 6: by DAulan (new)

DAulan  Collins (daulan-collins) | 5 comments Dana wrote: "Ines wrote: "I enjoyed that Maluk came back to be with Lorelei, but I can't make any sense of it. If she changed the past, how come they ever met? I know they were remembering bits of the other lif..."

I agree, I found that part a bit confusing. But I do also like that Maluk came back to be with Lorelei!