The Sword and Laser discussion

Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > bloggers/reviewers! (this is probably in the wrong folder)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kdawg91 (new)

Kdawg91 | 377 comments If it is, tell me and I'll delete and move it.

I recently started writing reviews for goodreads and I want to move into maybe doing it for a site or blog. Does anybody on here that has a review site or blog want some honest freelance reviews? All I want is a bigger audience and a chance.

thanks in advance

message 2: by Josh (new)

Josh (charlescooper) | 1 comments I've got a book coming out later this year (or early next) Sort of a Hunger Games/Gone kind of dealio. I'll send you a copy if you like?

message 3: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) Why not just create your own site for free. I did this so I could legitimately request some advance copies of books as well as having a home for reviews I fancied writing.

I can message you how to set one up if you want, its pretty straight forward. You wont get a massive audience at the start but it creates a good calling card for sites like SFsignal etc should you want to try writing for some high profile blogs further down the line.

message 4: by Kdawg91 (new)

Kdawg91 | 377 comments Thanks, I'm not real great at things like that but I will take any and all pointers and help!

message 5: by Foil & Phaser (new)

Foil & Phaser (FoilPhaser) | 52 comments We could use a resident critic at Foil & Phaser. We already have the blogging infrastructure set up, so all you would have to do is provide the content. Our focus is helping new writers to get started. If you are interested, you can contact us at foilandphaser(at)gmail(dot)com or through the site.

message 6: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) Often with blogging for other people's blogs you will need to have a bit of an understanding with wordpress so it is worth having your own blog if only for learning how to do stuff there without fear.

wordpress.com is a simple platform to use to get a free site (its what Foil & Phaser uses as well as me).

Basically you can go to wordpress.com and follow the instructions to create a blog and make posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TR7kH... here is a video explaining it. If you want to set up your own and want more help then drop me a private message and I will do what I can although I will be tied up tomorrow and Saturday.

message 7: by Kdawg91 (new)

Kdawg91 | 377 comments thanks Ben, I'm looking at wordpress today. Foil and Phaser I will be in touch.

message 8: by Kdawg91 (new)

Kdawg91 | 377 comments Josh wrote: "I've got a book coming out later this year (or early next) Sort of a Hunger Games/Gone kind of dealio. I'll send you a copy if you like?"

sure!

message 9: by Kdawg91 (new)

Kdawg91 | 377 comments http://theghostworks.wordpress.com/

I will pretty it up once I learn how to do it :) thanks for the advice!