Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) Lover Eternal discussion

Lover Eternal Buddy Read that will be totally awesome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 327 (327 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Shannon The Show Stopper Can't wait to meet

message 2: by ~IreneOust~ (new)

~IreneOust~ Thanks, Shannon!! xo

Jennifer Yay!! Rhage!!!

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Enjoy ladies! He's one of my favorites! Oh hell, who am I kidding? I love them all!!

Jennifer I LOVE THAT, Dorota!!!!!!

Ginette Lol...I'm going to start this one tonight. Looking forward to more updates & comments

Vieira Amazing YouTube vid!!

Debb I'm in!! Love Rhage and Mary!!!

Diane just reread this just last night! Loooove the pic dorota :-)

Ginette Just started....I read this one years ago, I actually forgot a lot. I think I read to many books, hummm nope think it's age! Lol

Raquel oh man. I am not done the first one and already so excited about starting this one :) Enjoy ladies

Ginette I'm having a hard time with this one, skimming some of the lesser stuff. @ page 232

Ginette Irene where are you @?

message 15: by Melissa (last edited Nov 19, 2013 10:14PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melissa Phoenix I have already read the book, One of the best one in the series of BDB by far. Rhage is absolutely one of the hottest one of the brothers. But what poor John Matthews goes through is so heart breaking. Trying not to give anything away. But anyway for those that haven't read it yet. You will enjoy it for sure.

Melissa Phoenix Dorota wrote: "A visual? (not that is needed...)
"
that is a hot picture. But would like to see that guys face. Lol :)

message 17: by Mochaspresso (last edited Nov 20, 2013 02:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mochaspresso I don't remember exactly what happens on pg 232, but as a general rule, I don't think it's a good idea to skim the lesser parts. You have to understand the lessers to fully understand things that happen between them and the Brotherhood in later books. Some of those characters (even some who have supposedly died) show up again in later books.

message 18: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Started it. 2% in.

message 19: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo That youtube video was great.

message 20: by Diane (last edited Nov 20, 2013 04:01AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diane Shannon The Show Stopper wrote: "I found this on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLfPw..."

That was just awesome. Don't agree with all the choices, but Mhurder and Wrath were sooooo fine!!! If I had to choose, they would be top of my list

Ginette Hi all, I just noticed I 1st read this book in 2006, no wonder I've forgotten so many things. Things pick up for me around chapter 42, had a lull in the middle. I'm now @ chpt 48, crying. Oh just thought I'd share its -4 degrees this morning (24F)...in my happy place :)

message 22: by Barbara (last edited Nov 20, 2013 05:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Barbara Hi girls! Starting today...

message 23: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Barbara wrote: "Hi girls! Starting today..."

Just started too.

Barbara Mo wrote: "Barbara wrote: "Hi girls! Starting today..."

Just started too."

Yay! Come to mama... Mr. Hollywood!

Barbara Shannon The Show Stopper wrote: "Can't wait to meet

"

Thanks Shannon...  photo tumblr_mbi1r3Iic01r0mwgx_zps86ef1fcc.gif

message 26: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Only if you have finished book 1 (view spoiler)

Ginette @ Mo....yup

message 28: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo OK, thought so but was not sure.

Jennifer I'm about 10% in, and I skip all the lesser stuff, mainly because I've read it before, but I don't remember how it fits in later, probably because I skimmed it the first time. LOL! I've just never been a fan of their pov in any of the books.

message 30: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Jennifer wrote: "I'm about 10% in, and I skip all the lesser stuff, mainly because I've read it before, but I don't remember how it fits in later, probably because I skimmed it the first time. LOL! I've just never ..."

Skimming, skimming and now more skimming. Love it.

message 31: by Crystal~BIG book addict~ (last edited Nov 20, 2013 05:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Crystal~BIG book addict~ Jennifer wrote: "I'm about 10% in, and I skip all the lesser stuff, mainly because I've read it before, but I don't remember how it fits in later, probably because I skimmed it the first time. LOL! I've just never ..."

Agreed Jen. I think in the first few books it was boring but as the stories go along, it gets more and more important, i.e., the Omega.

Barbara Jennifer wrote: "I'm about 10% in, and I skip all the lesser stuff, mainly because I've read it before, but I don't remember how it fits in later, probably because I skimmed it the first time. LOL! I've just never ..."

Lessers are boring... :(((

Ginette Ladies I just finished this one, the last chapters make the story in my opinion. Amazing! Looking forward to all your updates

Barbara Ginette wrote: "Ladies I just finished this one, the last chapters make the story in my opinion. Amazing! Looking forward to all your updates"

Hi Ginette, already finish, I keep talking to you girls on GR, and waste my time, I read only 20 pages :( ... lol

message 35: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo Barbara wrote: "Ginette wrote: "Ladies I just finished this one, the last chapters make the story in my opinion. Amazing! Looking forward to all your updates"

Hi Ginette, already finish, I keep talking to you gi..."

Yeah, Barbara, I am the same. Wasting time here. Switching off for an hour to try and read a bit. Gosh I love my working life....

Ginette Half the fun of this group read is reading your remarks! I need to tell you, if you think Butch was good in the 1story ... keep reading! ....

message 37: by Mochaspresso (last edited Nov 20, 2013 06:17AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mochaspresso Jennifer wrote: "I'm about 10% in, and I skip all the lesser stuff, mainly because I've read it before, but I don't remember how it fits in later, probably because I skimmed it the first time. LOL! I've just never ..."

For starters, Mr. O reappears in Bella and Zsadist's book and he's a pretty important character in that particular book. To the point where it would be impossible (imo) to even read that book if you had the habit of routinely skimming as you'd be skimming huge chunks of it and missing a lot of details that come up again later. For example, you might not fully understand why he (view spoiler) or why he (view spoiler). The setup for that whole future situation starts in this book, when he meets the Omega for the first time. Plus, the lessers is where you learn about the Omega and how the lessers function. It comes up a lot in subsequent books. I don't see how Butch's book would make sense without knowing about the Omega.

I'd also imagine that you might have a hard time keeping the lessers straight when some of them reappear in future books (Who was Mr. O, Mr. U, Mr. E, Mr. X again? etc.) Plus, if you routinely skim, I think you are probably going to find yourself having to go back and re-read those parts later on in future books because certain things that happen might not make sense.

message 38: by ~IreneOust~ (last edited Nov 20, 2013 06:48AM) (new)

~IreneOust~ Ginette wrote: "Irene where are you @?"

I am only 5 chapters in - damn iBooks don't give me the percentage so I will have to calculate it later. I love the banter between the guys! Especially Butch and Vishous! LMAO!

Shannon The Show Stopper Hi ladies. I'm finishing up with book one today. I don't ever skim unless I just hate a book and I'm trying my best to get through it with the least amount of torture as possible. I hope to hop in sometime today. I'm actually going to try and be very scarce on goodreads today.

That last statement:
 photo laugh_zpsdaafe708.gif

message 40: by Mo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mo LOL, Shannon - my office worker thinks I am bonkers they way I just burst out laughting. yeah right "scarce" - about as scarce as I said I would be over 2 hours ago....

Jennifer LOL, Shannon! Good luck with that! We'll do everything in our power to pull you back in GR today :)

Shannon The Show Stopper Jennifer wrote: "LOL, Shannon! Good luck with that! We'll do everything in our power to pull you back in GR today :)"

photo myfriendsneedtobepunished_zps5317492a.gif

Jennifer Shannon The Show Stopper wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "LOL, Shannon! Good luck with that! We'll do everything in our power to pull you back in GR today :)"

"

You know we like to be punished :). LOL!

Shannon The Show Stopper Jennifer wrote: "Shannon The Show Stopper wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "LOL, Shannon! Good luck with that! We'll do everything in our power to pull you back in GR today :)"

You know we like to be punished :). LOL!"

Yeah, on second thought...that's just encouragement ;-)

Jennifer @22% - I love their first date!!!!

Claudine The nickname Hal is for sure worse the Butch.

Claudine Dorota wrote: "Claudine wrote: "The nickname Hal is for sure worse the Butch."

Do you refer to Rhage giving this name to Mary at first? Personally I found Mr. Hal E. Wood hilarious both wrt the name and persona ;)"

Hal E. Wood was funny as hell, but every time she said Hal, I cringed.

Melissa Phoenix Jennifer wrote: "@22% - I love their first date!!!!" I don't remember the first date very well. Its been a while since I read the second book.

Jennifer Melissa wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "@22% - I love their first date!!!!" I don't remember the first date very well. Its been a while since I read the second book."

I am giggling and swooning so much in this one. I think this is one of the happier books, even though there are some sadder parts to it.

Melissa Phoenix Dorota wrote: "Claudine wrote: "The nickname Hal is for sure worse the Butch."

Do you refer to Rhage giving this name to Mary at first? Personally I found Mr. Hal E. Wood hilarious both wrt the name and persona ;)"
I thought so too. At first I was like who the hell would give themselves that name. But then I realize it was his nickname that Butch gave him just a different pronunciation. Awesome. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7