The Kindle Chronicles discussion

The Essential Calvin and Hobbes: A Calvin and Hobbes Treasury
This topic is about The Essential Calvin and Hobbes
Is there a way to search amazon in a certain way...

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laserone (last edited Nov 19, 2013 10:55AM) (new)

Laserone | 18 comments Is there a way to search amazon kindle books in such a way as to exclude a certain topic?

For example, search their kindle books section "religion & spirituality" but exclude "christianity" so I can just see the other religions?

I use Jungle-Search a lot but even there I see no way to exclude there or on the main site.

*Not sure why I have to pick a book title in order to submit this post. That is new. Am I doing something wrong? I see I'm in the Kindle Chronicles Group. EDITED to add: I got an error in red telling me I had to reference a book.

message 2: by Hilary Moon (new)

Hilary Moon Murphy (hilarymoonmurphy) | 15 comments Well, if you had to reference a book, the Essential Calvin and Hobbes is a great choice.

Okay. Back to your question. I didn't see a way to exclude "christianity" but when I looked at "religion and spirituality" I saw a lot of sub topics including:
*Buddhism
*Hinduism
*Islam
*Judaism
*New Age
*Occult

Even searching the "General" category seemed to thin out some of the Christian-only titles. By the way, "spirituality" included some very interesting titles, including ones on atheism. That doesn't mean that christian titles didn't show up, but they weren't quite as overwhelming.

If you do find a way to do exclusions, I would be very interested. Historical romance tends to overwhelm my historical fiction selections, especially if you are unfortunate enough to be looking at the regency era. Sigh.

Hmm