Cozy Mysteries discussion

What do you think? > Which Two (or more) Fictional Detectives Would You Most Like To See Solve A Crime Together?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I would enjoy combining Miss Marple's quiet logic with Albert Campion's determined optimism, and discover that he's actually a distant nephew who shares Aunt Jane's passion for solving mysteries!

message 2: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book) | 55 comments Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot. Two brilliant, fascinating minds, two unique and intriguing men. Obviously my two favorite detectives. I can read them over and over and never get bored...

message 3: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrilovescrows) | 71 comments Bubbles Yablonsky and Magdalena Yoder (and if you have read the Bubbles books you know why)

message 4: by E.L. (new)

E.L. (elouisebates) Mrs Oliver (Agatha Christie) and Lord Peter (Dorothy Sayers). I'd love to see Mrs Oliver's scatter-brained intuition up against Lord Peter's quotations and deductions, and see them go from mutual disdain and distrust to respect and friendship.

Of course, I'm a sucker for Mrs Oliver anyway, even if she isn't an honest-to-goodness detective, functioning more as a foil to Poirot. Still love her!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Jarvis (screalwriter) | 152 comments Miss Marple and Sherlock Holmes. He wouldn't have any respect for her until she showed him a thing or two, then I wonder how they'd get on.

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Terri wrote: "Bubbles Yablonsky and Magdalena Yoder (and if you have read the Bubbles books you know why)"

Magdalena would drive poor Bubbles up the wall with her constant "wailing"!

message 7: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 5280 comments Spenser & Elvis Cole

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 5308 comments Jack Reacher
Wallender

message 9: by Tina (last edited Nov 20, 2013 11:04AM) (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 236 comments In literary, Poirot and Holmes was a clever match or Poirot and Agatha Raisin. Can you see that one? lol I'll pick Poirot and Jessica Fletcher. In TV, Castle and Jane. Two hotties pair off. Yeah! Fun question. Thanks!

message 10: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 236 comments Nancy, Holmes and Agatha Raisin. lol I could just see that one.

Nancy wrote: "Miss Marple and Sherlock Holmes. He wouldn't have any respect for her until she showed him a thing or two, then I wonder how they'd get on."

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 217 comments They aren't quite cosy, but I'd like to see Anna Pigeon and Kate Shugak. No man in a hundred miles would be able to get away with a thing!

message 12: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Decker | 186 comments Jessica Fletcher and Lucy Stone- the ultimate Maine duo

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinacz) | 236 comments Castle and The Mentalist. Jane would steal Beckett away from Castle. lol

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 5308 comments Agatha Raisin and James Lacey. Will she ever get her man???

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 8 comments Chief Inspector Gamache of the series by Louise Penny

message 16: by Gene (last edited Jan 15, 2014 10:20AM) (new)

Gene | 109 comments Sherlock Holmes and anybody go without saying, but Hercule Poirot and Nero Wolfe would be interesting as well.