Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Magic: An Anthology of the Esoteric and Arcane
This topic is about Magic
Book Issues > authors added out of order

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric (cwluc) | 55 comments So I just took all the authors and added them in order per the official site and as you can see they are a mess. How/why did this happen and how can I avoid it in the future. I know I can re-order them, but it would seem silly... and to be honest quicker not to just re-add them but again why did this happen. What did I do wrong?

message 2: by Banjomike (last edited Nov 19, 2013 08:16AM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments Names will appear in the the order you add them. I've certainly never noticed that they move for any other reason. You look to have about two names out of sequence Abnett and Hill. Just move them. readding them all could introduce errors.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21408 comments I have seen the list of names get scrambled after I add them as well. Only the first one always sticks.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43574 comments Mod
It is a known issue, but it does not happen in any consistent pattern we have found -- and often does not happen at all. Which makes trying to pin down the issue very difficult, and unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Personally, I find that if I add author names in small batches (4 or 5 at a time), I am less likely to have a problem. However, I have not tested that theory in any rigorous or scientific manner.

message 5: by Eric (new) - added it

Eric (cwluc) | 55 comments Through fault of no one I rarely am adding anthologies or anything with *many* authors. I will keep this in mind though in the future.

The only reason I even touched it was because I noticed someone was trying to play it off like only one author was the sole contributor on a different edition and as I went cleaning I just couldn't ignore the omissions...

As always thank you for the replies