Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

No Brainer (The Darcy Walker Series, #2)
This topic is about No Brainer
Read 4 Review #107 - No Brainer (#2) (Closed)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marni (last edited Dec 10, 2013 05:32AM) (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments The group would like to welcome back author A.J. Lape for a Read 4 Review of her book No Brainer (The Darcy Walker Series, #2) by A.J. Lape No Brainer ( The Darcy Walker Series #2).

Two weeks before junior year, Darcy hops a plane to Orlando for a little R&R with her best friend Dylan and his family. Fresh off the heels of solving three murders in Valley, you'd think she'd sit back and enjoy the vacation capital of the world … maybe if you're a noun. Darcy Walker, however, is nothing but verb.

Before her feet hit the Orlando soil, she's meddling in the disappearance of a five-year-old boy who vanished six months earlier.

With authorities still no closer to solving the case, Darcy is shanghaied by her impulsivity and runs headlong into that proverbial burning building, convinced she can bring him home.

She travels down a road that not only follows this missing child but branches off into the corrupt and sinister world of mob activity when she tampers in a case on which Dylan's detective grandfather is working.

After a near disastrous midnight meeting in a warehouse and a date with a mechanical bull, Darcy realizes she might've bitten off more than she can chew. Add the boiling flirtationship with her best friend and the appearance of his romantic rival, and she is in over her head.

Will she survive a life of flirting with death too easily? Or will her flirtationship with Dylan become the actual death of her instead?

For a girl with a habit of finding dead bodies, No Brainer gives Darcy Walker more of the same…surprising twists and turns…and running for her life.

Unknown Pages

The author will be giving out 20 copies in mobi, epub and PDF formats. To request, please post your email address and the format you would like. It is your responsibility to check for the book and download it. It is also your responsibility to contact me immediately if you do not receive the book or have a problem. In exchange for the free book, the author requests an honest review of their book not just on Goodreads, but also on Amazon USA, UK, and any of your blogs or reviewing sites. Once you are finished with your review and have posted it on Goodreads, you are REQUIRED to post your Goodreads link to it on this thread.

Even though this book is being gifted to you please do not share it with anyone. It is unethical, disrespectful and illegal to share books provided to you for reviews.

Further Info from the group, not the author: If you do not complete the e-book within the time given, and you do not post your link on this thread or I do not hear from you stating that you intend to finish and review the book, you will not be allowed to participate in future Read 4 Review events. This is to prevent people from getting complimentary books over and over without fulfilling their obligation.

Do not message me nor the author requesting the book. All info is to be posted here. This for the ease of the author and the mods and fairness to all. If you do not wish to share your email publicly, please do not request.

If there are any other authors looking to do this with our group, please message me. You MUST be willing to provide copies, free of charge, to the reviewers.

REVIEWERS: PLEASE read the topic titled "Reviewers." All the rules are listed under there. We will not allow any excuses of "I didn't know" because the rules are listed and if you have any questions you can always message me. http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Links to find the book for posting reviews:

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/Brainer-The-Dar...

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Brainer-Da...

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/no-br...

Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 12/10/13 (December 10th).

Reviewers:

Katria: baka.0405@yahoo.com epub COMPLETED

Katria | 13 comments I love the first book and I'm going to attend Darcy's birthday! pls let me read, rate and review this second installment. Epub pls. baka.0405@yahoo.com

thanks!

message 3: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Lape (ajlape) | 28 comments sent, Katria!

Katria | 13 comments thanks AJ!

message 5: by Geneva (new)

Geneva Waters | 26 comments I am enjoy reading the first book and getting close to writing my review please sign me up read this one genevawaters1973@yahoo.com mobi thank you. Geneva Waters

message 6: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Just a quick note to wish all those in the USA a Happy Thanksgiving and to all our Jewish friends a Happy Hanukkah.

message 7: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Oops! Just noticed that I had the wrong deadline date on this one. I have corrected it and it is December 10th.

message 8: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Deadline for review is 11:59pm EST on 12/10/13 (December 10th).

message 9: by Valeria (new) - added it

Valeria (vale_ck) Hello, I just finished the first book, and I know that the deadline for this book is today, but I was wondering if I could still review it. With an extension of course. Would that be ok? I would really love to review this book as well.

If it is possible, I read in mobi to valechiappini@gmail.com

Thank you!

message 10: by Marni (new)

Marni (wonderwmn999) | 3578 comments Valeria wrote: "Hello, I just finished the first book, and I know that the deadline for this book is today, but I was wondering if I could still review it. With an extension of course. Would that be ok? I would re..."

I'm sorry, but this close to the deadline I'm closing it out. The author may provide to you if you request by message. I've closed out new R4R's until January and am closing out requests for books near their deadlines too.

Katria | 13 comments Here's my review. Totally loved the book. I'm hoping for another book from the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 12: by Valeria (new) - added it

Valeria (vale_ck) Ok. Thank you, Marni.

message 13: by A.J. (new)

A.J. Lape (ajlape) | 28 comments Thank you for the review, Katria!!!! I'm thrilled you enjoyed Darcy!!

Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

No Brainer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

A.J. Lape (other topics)