Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Shadow Spell (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Shadow Spell
Archive > Shadow Spell Release

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5901 comments Mod
We now have a cover! What do you think about it?

Here's the book blurb...

With the legends and lore of Ireland running through his blood, falconer Connor O’Dwyer is proud to call County Mayo home. It’s where his sister, Branna, lives and works, where his cousin, Iona, has found true love, and where his childhood friends form a circle that can’t be broken…

A circle that is about to be stretched out of shape—by a long-awaited kiss.

Meara Quinn is Branna’s best friend, a sister in all but blood. Her and Connor’s paths cross almost daily, as Connor takes tourists on hawk walks and Meara guides them on horseback across the lush countryside. She has the eyes of a gypsy and the body of a goddess…things Connor has always taken for granted—until his brush with death propels them into a quick, hot tangle.

Plenty of women have found their way to Connor’s bed, but none to his heart until now. Frustratingly, Meara is okay with just the heat, afraid to lose herself—and their friendship—to something more. But soon, Connor will see the full force and fury of what runs in his blood. And he will need his family and friends around him when his past rolls in like the fog, threatening an end to all he loves…

Quynh | 218 comments Oh I love the cover. They've been very fitting thus far to this trilogy. Looking forward to Connor and Meara's book.

Also, I'm curious, how does everyone pronounce Meara's name? Is it Meera, May-ra, Maa-ra?

That's a great question. In my head I'm saying Meera.

Quynh | 218 comments Jonetta wrote: "That's a great question. In my head I'm saying Meera."

That's how I'm saying it as well. First time I heard of this name actually, I like it.

I like how we get to see some of the woods here on the cover. It looks a lot like how I'd pictured it.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 186 comments Awesome cover and love that blurb. I'm anxious to read Connor's story!

message 8: by Talya (last edited Dec 27, 2013 01:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Talya | 726 comments Mod
It's gorgeous, I can't wait. And I'm looking forward to learning more about Hawking.

And in my head I hear her name as Mear-a

Shawn | 25 comments May?!? Why so long...(picture me whining). I hate to have to wait so long!

Nora is so prolific we expect more from her than others:)

I hadn't expected to like Dark Witch so much and now I'm dying for all the rest of the trilogy, too.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got finished readin' the "blurb" to Shadow Spell:Book 2 of the Cousins O'Dwyer trilogy and it just sounds wonderful and very mysterious,too,might I add,lol! I just love the book cover,very artistic and colorful,too! I can't wait to get a chance to read this new trilogy book....it already sounds like it'd be a great story from Miss Nora Roberts! And I also can't wait to get a chance to read Blood Magick:Book 3 of the same trilogy as well!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments Does anyone know when Shadow Spell will be published? I just finished Dark Witch and really want to see where the story goes from here.

Anita wrote: "Does anyone know when Shadow Spell will be published? I just finished Dark Witch and really want to see where the story goes from here."

March 25. Nora moved the date up from May! (The date is now reflected on the Book Lists).

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments Thanks. I reserved a copy with my library system.

Ooh....let me go check and see if I can do that on the digital library. Great idea.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

March the 25? Excellent! I'm so glad that Nora moved up th date from May,that's wonderful news! Thanks Jonetta! I appreciated that!

Lynne Jonetta wrote: "Anita wrote: "Does anyone know when Shadow Spell will be published? I just finished Dark Witch and really want to see where the story goes from here."

March 25. Nora moved the date up from May! ..."

Ooh - thanks Jonetta for the tip! Headed to the digital library now -

Mine doesn't have it available for sign up yet but I'm going to keep checking.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments I live in Los Angeles County and they have an excellent reservation system. Now, it may take me a while to actually get the book - I have no idea how many people are ahead of me at this point. LA Co Library also has a request system where if a book exists in the system you can get it delivered to you local library. I was really surprised to find a lot of romance and romantic-suspense books that are only released as paperbacks in the system.

The physical book appears to be available for reservation at my library. However, I only read eBooks and the digital reservation isn't yet available.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments I haven't figured out how to borrow an e-book yet.

Most libraries use Overdrive. If you can find your digital library, you can download the software and then just follow the instructions. It's pretty easy these days, especially since they modified the sites.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so glad she moved the date up. I loved the first book!

Cathleen (stillie418) I can't wait to pick up my copy. Book 1 was amazing :)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments Jonetta wrote: "Most libraries use Overdrive. If you can find your digital library, you can download the software and then just follow the instructions. It's pretty easy these days, especially since they modified..."

Someday, if I am ever in need of a book to read, I'll figure it out. As it is I have over 500 e-books on my Kindle and at least that many in hardcopy to read.

Lol! Then you're in no hurry:)

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Anita,
Jonetta's right. Overdrive is a marvelous tool, and it's free! So if you ever narrow down your hundreds of books, check it out!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments I have narrowed it down! My Kindle came with over 8000 books and the hardcover library had over 3000 titles. My in-laws read everything.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Yikes! I may have to rethink the old " There's no such thing as too many books." On second thought, nope!

message 30: by Anita (last edited Dec 31, 2013 08:50PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1252 comments Yeah, I have to agree. My 'Library' shares space with my spare bedroom and my granddaughter is always bringing me books to read to her. I tell her maybe in about 20 years! her favorite book is K is for Killer.

Talya | 726 comments Mod
Nora has put up a teaser excerpt on her blog!

http://fallintothestory.com/first-loo...

message 32: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments March 25 is good news! However, I just read the teaser, and that date is 5 1/2 weeks away...it's six weeks too long for this fan ;) patience...patience...

We aren't a patient bunch, are we?

message 34: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments It's hard to be patient, when the books are so good. So, back to my Heaven and Earth reread!

Jennifer | 96 comments Just killing time til the 25th.
I'd say I would just re-read The Dark Witch while I wait but it's not going to take me eight days to finish a book I've already read half a dozen times.
Just killing time.

message 36: by Jonetta (last edited Mar 17, 2014 11:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lol! You've got it bad, Jennifer:)

Jennifer | 96 comments @Jonetta
I feel like I'm just staring off into space. I'm sure I had things to do today but I'm just counting down.

message 38: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I keep telling myself: at least I don't have to wait until May...

No, it's not really working :)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm waitin' until the 25th gets here,too. This suspense of havin' to wait between all 3 trilogy books is the pits,I mean the pits,lol! Ugh! I'm with Jennifer on this,it really does suck to have to wait until the book seriously comes out! Y o y do we have to wait?! Lol!

Readuser | 7 comments waiting for the 25th to finally read the full book

message 41: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I just finished my Pre-Book-2 reading of Book 1........that's the sound of my fingers impatiently tapping the desk that you hear, in anticipation!

Jennifer | 96 comments Got my schedule and I work all day on the 25th. I'm still going to stop at the bookstore after work and read all night long. I don't care that I work the next morning (of course). That's why everyone at the coffee shop knows me by name.

Just got notification that I'm #1 on the library list for the digital edition of the book! I'll have it tomorrow.

Talya | 726 comments Mod
Yay! That's great Jonetta.

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 186 comments It should be on my Kindle sometime after midnight. Ready and waiting!!

Readuser | 7 comments thats great, Jonetta and Sandra. I am waiting to read it! hopefully, I will get a cooy soon!

message 47: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments Tomorrow is going to be so busy, and I will want to be reading! Would it be rude to go to my daughter's band concert and read during the other bands' performances? (Yes, I'm kidding, I know it would. I'm the parent who gets annoyed with people doing things just like that...ie: talking!)

Being on the west coast, will it show up on my kindle after 9 tonight? Did I make that up in my head? I wish Nora's books were released on a Friday instead of a Tuesday. I'd have no problem staying up all night reading then!

Kerri wrote: "Tomorrow is going to be so busy, and I will want to be reading! Would it be rude to go to my daughter's band concert and read during the other bands' performances? (Yes, I'm kidding, I know it wo..."

Amazon is a west coast based company and my copies always release based on PST.

message 49: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Levine | 96 comments I had a feeling that was wishful thinking! (but I could not think of the phrase "wishful thinking" before...)

Jennifer | 96 comments Grabbing the book after work tomorrow but I don't have a day off until Thursday. Debating whether or not to bring it to work every day and read it on break or just wait and devote the whole day to soaking it in.
I know I'll enjoy it more in one sitting but I doubt I can wait.

« previous 1