Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

On the Brink: Inside the Race to Stop the Collapse of the Global Financial System
This topic is about On the Brink
Book Issues > Author using name format in different editions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GEM (new) - added it

GEM | 28 comments This book is written by Henry M. Paulson Jr. (with a GR author page), but in some editions, the cover states the name as Hank Paulson (eg https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...). All the editions on GR are listed as the former name (as they are on WorldCat), whereas Amazon matches the name to the cover.

Should a new author Hank Paulson be created and listed as primary author on the relevant editions (with Henry M. Paulson Jr. second?) Would these profiles need to be linked in some way?

He also wrote a book under the name of Hank Paulson (as per worldcat & amazon), but this is listed in GR as Henry M. Paulson Jr.(https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...)

message 2: by Banjomike (last edited Nov 18, 2013 03:42PM) (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments The primary name on a book is generally the name which appeared on the cover of the very first edition. Later variations of his name would be added as secondary authors on the appropriate editions. That means that all the editions will have the same primary author which will allow all the editions to be combined.

So earliest name = primary name

Henry M. Paulson Jr. does not have a Goodreads author page.
Correction, he is not a Goodreads Author. Sorry.

message 3: by GEM (new) - added it

GEM | 28 comments Ah, that makes sense, thank you. I was just musing over the fact that my solution wouldn't work for combining books when your reply arrived!

message 4: by Banjomike (new)

Banjomike | 5530 comments I've combined two other variations of Henry M. Paulson Jr. into the one account. I'll leave the rest to you.

message 5: by GEM (new) - added it

GEM | 28 comments All done - thank you!