Indonesians Who Love English Books discussion

Most Anticipated Books of 2014

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reza, The Curator (last edited Nov 18, 2013 09:12AM) (new)

Reza | 467 comments Mod
2014 is around the corner. So let's have it: What are your most anticipated books to be released in 2014?

If the mods find that a certain upcoming book is popular around here, we might just slot it into one of our wild card group read month.

message 2: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) definitely this The Winds of Winter - but it's a long shot *sigh
maybe this one then... The World of Ice and Fire

Or maybe the last novel of the Temeraire series.

message 3: by Oni (last edited Nov 19, 2013 08:07AM) (new)

Oni (onisur) | 171 comments Definitely THAT book. But actually I don't really anticipate any book at all. They are just TOO MANY books that I haven't read!

message 4: by ekarifin (new)

ekarifin | 9 comments The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan...

message 5: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (praesenti) | 43 comments Eh, I'm actually waiting for the paperbacks of some books published this year, as they're waaay more affordable.

message 6: by Dini (new)

Dini | 107 comments Oni wrote: "But actually I don't really anticipate any book at all. They are just TOO MANY books that I haven't read!"

So much truth in this statement...

message 7: by Matthews M. (last edited Nov 20, 2013 08:07AM) (new)

Matthews M. (porkhunter) | 28 comments Silvana wrote: "definitely this The Winds of Winter - but it's a long shot *sigh"

Agree with Silvana, but the schedule for release is 2015. Heh.

message 8: by Oni (new)

Oni (onisur) | 171 comments Matthews M. wrote: "Silvana wrote: "definitely this The Winds of Winter - but it's a long shot *sigh"

Agree with Silvana, but the schedule for release is 2015. Heh."

If only... Words are winds...

message 9: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Oni wrote: "Matthews M. wrote: "Silvana wrote: "definitely this The Winds of Winter - but it's a long shot *sigh"

Agree with Silvana, but the schedule for release is 2015. Heh."

If only... Wo..."

It is known.

message 10: by R.D. (new)

R.D. Villam (villam) | 14 comments definitely this: Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

message 11: by Dyah (new)

Dyah Subagyo (dyahsubagyo) | 8 comments Concealed in Death (but I'll wait for the paperback).

message 12: by Ren Puspita (last edited Nov 21, 2013 06:24AM) (new)

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) | 244 comments Dyah wrote: "Concealed in Death (but I'll wait for the paperback)."

Oh, me too :)

Up From the Grave (Night Huntress, #7) by Jeaniene Frost , which is the last book (OMG, I want to cry :( ) and Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews (the paperback ones), I don't know why so few people read anything by Ilona Andrews. They just become #1 NYT so that mean something ;)

message 13: by Wildan (last edited Nov 21, 2013 10:52PM) (new)

Wildan (wmhadjri) | 49 comments Firefight It's the sequel of Steelheart..one of the best YA/Dystopian/Post-apocalyptic book I've ever read! :D

message 14: by Cininta (new)

Cininta Savitri | 70 comments Eka wrote: "The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan..."

A new book by Rick Riordan? which one is this? I don't know this one, I thought his newest would be House of Hades.

message 15: by Oon (new)

Oon (oonisme) | 132 comments Cininta wrote:

"A new book by Rick Riordan? which one is this? I don't know this one, I thought his newest would be House of Hades."

Actually House of Hades has been released and is readily available now on local bookstores.

I'm waiting for Blood of Olympus too and also the third book from The Passage series

message 16: by Ikao (new)

Ikao (ikaoduck) | 7 comments Pivot Point by Kasie West
Into The Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
and the most important one, the untitled last book of The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken!

message 17: by Lynossa, Resident Connoisseur (new)

Lynossa | 485 comments Mod
the third book in the passage series by justin cronin

message 18: by Reza, The Curator (new)

Reza | 467 comments Mod
R.D. wrote: "definitely this: Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson"

Agreed. Granted I haven't been waiting for long, haha.

message 19: by Aisyaraisya (new)

Aisyaraisya | 23 comments Definitely City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

message 20: by Jati, Chief Dragon Herder (new)

Jati Indrapramasto | 184 comments Mod
Two fantasy books. Sanderson's words of radiance and patrick rothfuss' third "kvothe" book. He even posted a hilarious review for that unfinished book over here

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 21: by Reza, The Curator (last edited Jan 21, 2014 05:12AM) (new)

Reza | 467 comments Mod
Jati wrote: "Two fantasy books. Sanderson's words of radiance and patrick rothfuss' third "kvothe" book."

Dude, TOR released the prologue and first few chapters of Words of Radiance. May quench ur thirst or induce withdrawal. Read at your own risk.

http://www.tor.com/stories/2014/01/ex...
http://www.tor.com/stories/2014/01/ex...

Edit. Added links.

message 22: by Vina (new)

Vina Falah (vinafalah) | 1 comments Aisyaraisya wrote: "Definitely City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare"

Yes, waiting for City of Heavenly Fire in May

message 23: by Jati, Chief Dragon Herder (last edited Jan 22, 2014 04:18AM) (new)

Jati Indrapramasto | 184 comments Mod
Dude, TOR released the prologue and first few chapters of Words of Radiance. May quench ur thirst or induce withdrawal. Read at your own risk.

kind of avoiding those for now. really want that feel of a complete 1000+ pages of fantasy goodness in my hands and completely reading it in one sitting. hell, i'm in withdrawal already. thank goodness sanderson churned out a couple of incredible books while he's at it.
The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson and The Rithmatist (Rithmatist, #1) by Brandon Sanderson are my temporary fix for now.

message 24: by Wildan (new)

Wildan (wmhadjri) | 49 comments Reza wrote: "R.D. wrote: "definitely this: Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2) by Brandon Sanderson"

Agreed. Granted I haven't been waiting for long, haha."

I'm currently reading the excerpts for the first chapters! :) :)

message 25: by Maesy (new)

Maesy Ang (maesy_ang) | 1 comments Eka wrote: "The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan..."

- Oh yes, mine too!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Obviously The Murder Complex and The Retribution of Mara Dyer. I am dying to read those books.

message 27: by Silvana (new)

Silvana (silvaubrey) Rogues by George R.R. Martin
Just because it has another Ice a& Fire novella.

message 28: by Kaeah (new)

Kaeah | 1 comments Maesy wrote: "Eka wrote: "The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan..."

- Oh yes, mine too!"

the cover will be released in June though!

message 29: by Nadia (new)

Nadia V (calleon) | 1 comments Actually all of the next book of my favourite book series. And idk, maybe some good dystopia and sci-fi books will be published this year and gonna be as big as Hunger Games or Divergent?

message 30: by Sasthi (new)

Sasthi Nandani | 9 comments hmm... Murakami newest book (Colorless Tsukuru and His Pilgrimage) in english translation will be out on August 2014, sooo... I really hope it's gonna as big as 1Q84 or Norwegian Wood.

message 31: by Sheva (new)

Sheva (kepikbadut) | 72 comments Definitely Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage . I wish I could done my thesis thingy before the release :")

message 32: by Grisselda (last edited Jun 06, 2014 01:08AM) (new)

Grisselda (imgriss) | 5 comments For series, definitely The Blood of Olympus, Heir of Fire, The Infinite Sea, and Isla and the Happily Ever After.

As for the new series and standalone, I'w waiting for The Young Elites and Armada :)

message 33: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pattxoxo) | 91 comments As of right now, I'm really looking forward to Four: A Divergent Story Collection, Landline and Isla and the Happily Ever After.