Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Movies & TV > The returned

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) Seriously, if you haven't seen it, check it out. On Sundance Thursday nights. Not sure what the people are, ghosts or zombies, but it's a great show. It's French and subtitled, but my 12 year old son doesn't mind.

message 2: by Bronda (new)

Bronda | 67 comments I tried to watch this show because the commercial looked interesting. I just couldn't get into it due to all the subtitles.

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) Subtitles didn't bother me at all. The season finale was great. They left a lot of questions for a second season, which was just picked up. I think I liked it because it's like nothing else out there.

message 4: by Sian (new)

Sian | 1 comments I loved that season, the subtitles didn't bother me either..can't wait for the next season now, lots of questions need answers lol.

message 5: by MommaBear (last edited Apr 03, 2015 01:36PM) (new)

MommaBear So now A&E network has an English language version of the French show that we are STILL waiting to see season 2 of. The A&E version is an exact replica, down to very similar-looking actors, only 1 name changed I believe.

I love Mark Pelligrino (he was in Being Human, played Lucifer on Supernatural, etc) so I watch on my DVR. I have to wonder if they are also copying the French script, word for word. I see no real purpose to this show, no new angle, only makes me wonder if we'll ever see a season 2 of the original.

message 6: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) I watched half of the first episode on A&E. They left nothing to interpret, dumming it down as if we have no imagination. I'll stick with the French version. It has more character.

message 7: by MommaBear (new)

MommaBear Anne wrote: "I watched half of the first episode on A&E. They left nothing to interpret, dumming it down as if we have no imagination. I'll stick with the French version. It has more character."

Agreed. Any word on when, or if, we'll get to see the French season 2 in the states? From what I recall, The Returned aired here on Sundance like a year after it had aired overseas.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Berkeley (aberkeley) Yes, they made a statement on a post on facebook. Unfortunately it only said, 'later this year.' I'm guessing in the fall. Isn't that when the first season aired?

message 9: by MommaBear (new)

MommaBear Sadly, I can't recall now when it originally aired here. Feels like its been at least a year ago now. I don't "do" Facebook at all, so I'm sorta out of the loop I guess. I just know it gets old having to wait a year for a new season, or waiting through a 6 month "mid-season break" the way things are done now. Back in my day, Fall meant all new episodes of tv shows, each and every week, until Summer, when repeats were shown. Miss those days, and there's no excuse what with the production speed modern technology brings, IMO.

message 10: by Kira (new)

Kira Shayde (kirashayde) | 6 comments French version all the way. I was very disappointed in the A&E version, but maybe that was because the French version was so good. Has anyone heard any news on whether the French version even did a second season?

message 11: by MommaBear (new)

MommaBear That's what the hope is. I know it was some time between the original being aired in France, and Europe in general I suppose, and when it was shown in the States by Sundance channel. Like a few years gap from what I'd read. So my hopes for the French to continue are wearing thin. :(

I'd become so frustrated with the American version that I think I missed the final episode(s), and didn't notice until the show was over and gone. "On Demand" has nothing other than alot of pay-to-view. My DVR often misses things in series recordings (I blame Verizon, never had the issue with Comcast) such as failing to again record after the stupid 6-12 month wait between seasons, or halves of seasons.

What happened in the last few episodes of A&E's version of the Returned? I only watched because I like Mark Pelligrino (the evil vamp in the American Being Human, Lucifer in Supernatural, etc).

message 12: by Holly (last edited Oct 16, 2015 12:20PM) (new)

Holly Kilmister | 6 comments Not sure if any of you are interested as I am not sure how much help it is but, England is showing the 2nd series at the moment of the French one so hopefully you guys will see it soon too.

message 13: by MommaBear (new)

MommaBear Yes! The original, French version of The Returned, season 2, is to begin (on Sundance channel I believe) on Halloween night. DVR raring to go!

message 14: by Kira (new)

Kira Shayde (kirashayde) | 6 comments Yes!!! Need to find that channel on my cable.

message 15: by MommaBear (last edited Oct 16, 2015 01:14PM) (new)

MommaBear Season 1 marathon of the French Returned is airing on Sunday October 18, beginning at 6am. On my Eastern US Verizon Fios cable, Sundance is channel 235, 735 is their HD channel.