Splintered Fan Club discussion

Splintered (Splintered, #1)
This topic is about Splintered
***NEWS**** > Splintered made it into the final round for GR choice Debut! Please vote us up!

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments What an awesome way to start a Monday! Splintered made it into the GoodReads finals! If you're so inclined and would like to vote, I'd really appreciate it! Happy top o' the week to everyone!

https://www.goodreads.com/choiceaward...

Babs | babs_reviews  (babs_reviews) YAY! Congrats - I voted! :D

Kelsey Dietrich | 2 comments i voted !

message 5: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments Totally voted! Eff yeah A.G.! Cyber hugs ;)

Carla (viajentrelibros) (carlaherondale) | 43 comments Voteeed!

message 7: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments You all are fantastic! Thank you so much. Splintered wouldn't be in the running at all if it weren't for you! <3

La La Done!!!!

Booknut (booknut101) | 198 comments Congrats, AG!! Have locked in my vote :)

message 10: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments I voted for you. I think it's awesome that it got this far!

message 11: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Thanks guys! I agree w/@Katie, no matter what happens from this point forward, it's awesome we made it to the finals. <3

message 12: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments I verily think that it justs goes to show what an awesome debut novel "Splintered" is. It kicks book butt . Alyssa, Jeb, Morpheus , the Netherlings with their " Island of Misfit toys" w/ a side of bad ass. So much to relate to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Every time it gets nominated for an award, it gets exposed to new readers, who if luck serves them will add it to their tbr list. Next step this FC. This FC alone has yielded more than one book Partner in Crime:)

message 13: by A.G. (last edited Nov 19, 2013 12:41PM) (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments @Clare, thank you so much! You make my writer's heart very happy. :) *hugs* And I LOVE that descrip: netherlings and their "Island of Misfit toys"...just wow!

La La I have only heard of one of the other books. :)

message 15: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "I have only heard of one of the other books. :)"

SO flippin' nervous. LOL.

message 16: by Clare (new) - added it

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 243 comments I'd be nervous to, that's natural. I'm with La La on this though. I haven't even heard of many of the other titles. Plus you've been kicking book ass since "Splintered" hit the shelves. Now even more people are going to read your novel just because it was nominated. I think you deserve to win. Either way it's a win / win because that's some crazy good exposure just being up for the award!

Candy (candym89) | 55 comments Im so excited for you A.G. Im rooting for you!!!!

Jayna (stablespur) | 16 comments I voted!!

I've read two of the other books real is a romance about a underground boxer who meets a girl just out of college a simple weekend read, really good. and the mad mans daughter which was a weird but good book and had a twist I did not see comming I had to re read that chapter just to process what happened (I was like "whaaaat!") I like twists in my books just not ones that are so unexpectedly, so bad they are good. Not a live happily ever after book for sure.

But neither have the depth and layering and vivid detail as splintered, nor the allure of mystery and intrigue and sure as hell not the sexy morpheus. Soooo goo A.G

message 19: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Aww, thanks @Clare and @Candy! And you, too, @Jayna! No matter the outcome, your kind words about the story have given my writer's heart wings. :)

Candy (candym89) | 55 comments You are very very welcome!!!

La La The winners will be announced TOMORROW!!!!

message 22: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "The winners will be announced TOMORROW!!!!"

I'm SO NERVOUS! No matter what, it's been a fun ride! :)

La La The book that won got votes because of it's cover. Pffft... :P

Carla (viajentrelibros) (carlaherondale) | 43 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "The book that won got votes because of it's cover. Pffft... :P"

Exactly, we all know Splintered is the real winner x3.

message 25: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "The book that won got votes because of it's cover. Pffft... :P"

Aw, that's okay! I could've had all of my friends and family vote for this, but I decided that I really wanted Splintered to win from *readers* if it won at all. So the fact that I made it into the finals with only votes from you guys and other readers I don't even know is such a wonderful compliment!

Congrats to the winner! I need to go see who it is. :)

And once more, thank you all so much for the support! You are seriously the BEST fans out there, hands down. <3

message 26: by A.G. (last edited Dec 03, 2013 08:34AM) (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments P.S. Ah, makes sense. The hot and sexy book won. ;)

P.P.S. Splintered came in fourth, which is amazing! I'm thrilled with that!

La La How about a half naked Jeb on the cover of Ensnared!!!!! LOL!!!!

message 28: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "How about a half naked Jeb on the cover of Ensnared!!!!! LOL!!!!"

Haha! I VOTE YES.

Carla (viajentrelibros) (carlaherondale) | 43 comments @Linda @AG YES please!! hahaha.

Candy (candym89) | 55 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "How about a half naked Jeb on the cover of Ensnared!!!!! LOL!!!!"

that would be wonderful!!!!

Challis (cxwer) | 5 comments I was thinking about this earlier today, you should make splintered a long series like Harry potter long! Lots of books <3 I am obsessed

message 32: by A.G. (last edited Dec 04, 2013 09:59PM) (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Challis wrote: "I was thinking about this earlier today, you should make splintered a long series like Harry potter long! Lots of books <3 I am obsessed"

LOL. You sound like my publisher... @.@ Thank you for the Splintered love! :) I'm sure that someday there will be more. But I really want to write something else in between. I have a Phantom of the Opera YA spinoff in mind, in fact. ;P

Irene ~ Ice Cold Passion (icecoldpassion) A.G. wrote: "Challis wrote: "I was thinking about this earlier today, you should make splintered a long series like Harry potter long! Lots of books

LOL. You sound like my publisher... @.@ Thank you for the ..."

That sounds awesome!!!

message 34: by A.G. (last edited Dec 05, 2013 11:40AM) (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Irene ~ Ice Queen's Bookshelf wrote: "That sounds awesome!!!

Thank you!

La La A.G. wrote: "Challis wrote: "I was thinking about this earlier today, you should make splintered a long series like Harry potter long! Lots of books

A.G., you can write about Alyssa's and Jeb's daughter *wink wink* in a second trilogy. :D

message 36: by A.G. (last edited Dec 06, 2013 06:47AM) (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Linda "La La" wrote: "A.G., you can write about Alyssa's and Jeb's daughter *wink wink* in a second trilogy. :D"

Haha! I'm sure all the Jebutantes would be on board with that. Not so sure about the Mothlings, though... ;P

La La >_<

message 38: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments A.G. wrote: "Challis wrote: "I was thinking about this earlier today, you should make splintered a long series like Harry potter long! Lots of books

Really? I have a friend who'll love to hear that. She loves Phantom of the Opera.

message 39: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Clifton (dreamer_girl) | 974 comments What if in the second trilogy, or even later in this one, Jenara Holt fell down the rabbit hole? I would LOVE that! :)

message 40: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Oooh, that's a cool idea. Jenara would have a blast in Wonderland, dressing everybody and keeping them in line. LOL

Challis (cxwer) | 5 comments Phantom of the opera would be awesome. I did a cross over for a play once with "the king and I "and it. ^_^

message 42: by A.G. (new) - added it

A.G. Howard (aghoward) | 1618 comments Challis wrote: "Phantom of the opera would be awesome. I did a cross over for a play once with "the king and I "and it. ^_^"

That sounds so cool! Love the King and I. *swoons*