♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Suggesting Books > I need something to read, please

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 8 comments Hi :)
Have you read Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage? Because I'd like to read something similar. Meaning, funny romans with hilarious heroine and her exeptional narration (inner sarcastic comments, talking to the reader and ect.) and some hottie :)
Beside that, I'm also looking for some unpredictible books, romances, dark, tear-jerkers with cliffhangers, that may not have happy ending. Something about cancer or mental illness, like Find you in the dark by Meredith Walters, The Edge of Never, Present Perfect by Alison Bailey.
I'll be grateful for some suggestions.

message 2: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) | 370 comments Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead !!! :D

message 3: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 8 comments Pamela wrote: "Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead!!! :D"

I love this, and the Bloodlines as well :D I've tried already everything popular.

message 4: by DB (new)

DB (DB's Guide to the Galaxy) (dbgalaxy) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Have you read that? It's a tearjerker. The Inheritance Saga by Christopher Paolini is brilliant, if you don't mind a few thick books and the Tiger's Saga by Colleen Houk.

message 6: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 8 comments Daniela wrote: "The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Have you read that? It's a tearjerker. The Inheritance Saga by Christopher Paolini is brilliant, if you don't mind a few thick books and the Tiger's Saga by Co..."

I've read The Fault... before, and I was speechless and I was drowning in my own tears half of a book, so yeah, it was great. I heard about this Inheritance Saga, so I'll think about it. And the Tiger's saga - it did't impressed me, unfortunately. Thank you.

message 7: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 8 comments Veronica wrote: "A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle, #1) by Libba BrayThe Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray"

Thanks, I like the description of the first book better.

message 8: by maťa (new)

maťa (charlotte41) Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer
what about these? both series are really good

message 9: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 8 comments Charlotte ♥ wrote: "Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer
what about these? both series are really good"

true, they are, especially Hex Hall :)

message 10: by maťa (last edited Nov 20, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

maťa (charlotte41) omg you've really read everything haha
I see that your username is probably from Hex Hall.. or is it?
and what about Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 11: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 8 comments Charlotte ♥ wrote: "omg you've really read everything haha
I see that your username is probably from Hex Hall.. or is it?
and what about Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver"

not everything, but a lot :) well, it's from Buffy, in one of the episodes there was Hecate, and I liked the sound of it, so it's been my nick ever since.
I enjoyed the first Delirium book, but I was disappointed by the third.

message 12: by Douglas (new)

Douglas Rugambwa (douglasr) | 5 comments Hey. I'm giving away 3 ebooks for free. Here's the link: http://eepurl.com/Ea03X

The featured book is Horizon. Here's the blurb:

Ivey escapes her mother at the airport only to be captured by a secret organ from NASA and discovers that the fate of human survival lies within her very hands. In a world that exists 65 million years ago, she is known as a Zartan—the fifth answer, a beacon of hope before the millions of meteorites racing for the earth. Horizon is a war of fate and decision and the grit of your next teenage heroine.

message 13: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 31 comments Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout I think these are good books that are also funny.

message 14: by Wren (new)

Wren Figueiro | 15 comments Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols . Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) by Tammara Webber . Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry . Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols