What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Romances including mental illness/without happy ending/with cliffhanger

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hekate92 (last edited Nov 18, 2013 05:55AM) (new)

Hekate92 | 6 comments Hey :)
Lately, I cannot find books to read. I am tired of predictible romances, so I am looking for something refreshing, strange, different.
I'm talking about something similiar to:
Find you in the dark by Meredith Walters
Me before you by Jojo Moyes
Present Perfect by Alison Bailey
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin
It might be paranormal but not necessarily.
It might be a tear-jerker, dark and with mystery.
I would like it to be about some kind of illness (mental, cancer) or even psychopaths/sociopaths.
I'll be grateful for some suggestions.

message 2: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments "Ramona" by Helen Hunt Jackson has one of the main characters afflicted with mental problems.

message 3: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 6 comments thank you, I'll check this out :)

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments It was a great love story and I think it was based on a real story but it's been awhile since I read it.

message 5: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 6 comments sounds interesting, I'm adding this to my list :)

message 6: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Hekate92 wrote: "sounds interesting, I'm adding this to my list :)"

It's an older book but very easy to read. My mother told me about it and it was one of her favorites as well.

message 7: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments I just remembered another one: "Daughters of the Misty Isles" by Aola Vandergriff. It was one in a series of books I read in the 70's about 3 sisters and their exciting adventures in a new place every book. They were always on the move and I loved the whole series.

The one I just mentioned involved a young daughter of one of the sister who is shy and withdrawn with ESP or paranormal abilities and the sisters trying to find just the right match for her.

message 8: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 6 comments I don't mind older books. I would have to find both of them soon. Thanks once again.

message 9: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments Hekate92 wrote: "I don't mind older books. I would have to find both of them soon. Thanks once again."

You're very welcome! Hope you enjoy them.

message 10: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 19, 2013 05:24PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
If you don't mind the PN, try the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Darkfever is the first book. Talk about cliff hanges. . . Fortunately for you the series is now finished, so you don't have to sit there, biting your nails down to the elbow while waiting for the next book to finally show up.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
I don't remember many of the details, but maybe My Cousin Rachel.

message 12: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 6 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "If you don't mind the PN, try the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Darkfever is the first book. Talk about cliff hanges. . . Fortunately for you the series is now finished, so you ..."

It's one of my favourite series. I love every single book. And yes, cliffangers were shocking. I remember I had to wait for the last book 6 months, and it was torture. But thank you nevertheless.

message 13: by Hekate92 (new)

Hekate92 | 6 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I don't remember many of the details, but maybe My Cousin Rachel."

This might be good, and it's ghotic. I like ghotic. Thank you.