You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Buddy Reads > Week 10: A Suitable Boy

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lilisa (last edited Nov 24, 2013 08:56AM) (new)

Lilisa | 2461 comments Making good progress Judy! Hopefully, things have calmed down a bit more for you at work. Just finished this section. Hummph, Haresh has some interesting quirks and interested to see what unfolds re: Arun/Meenakshi in the next section.

message 2: by Lilisa (last edited Nov 24, 2013 08:58AM) (new)

Lilisa | 2461 comments And @ Judy -- is anyone else reading this book except you and me? :-) Haven't seen much chatter - hopefully, folks haven't given up on this bulky book as I'd love to get others' perspectives.

message 3: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2461 comments Judy wrote: "Lilisa wrote: "And @ Judy -- is anyone else reading this book except you and me? :-) Haven't seen much chatter - hopefully, folks haven't given up on this bulky book as I'd love to get others' pers..."

Which one did you end up catching Judy? Haven't been to the movies in ages - I think the last one was the James Bond! On the book, I, glad I'm reading it the way we are - by sections - it's actually rather enjoyable this way as opposed to just reading it straight through - i like the pacing, so no worries!

message 4: by Lilisa (new)

Lilisa | 2461 comments Judy - Hope you enjoyed it! Haresh figures Lata is the right fit for him - he relates to her intellectually, she's in a similar social class, comes from a good family - remember, marriage is not about love here - marriage is wrapped up in a lot of other social ties and norms, with the family and religion being paramount. Re: Simran - marriage is out of the question in his mind - she's Sikh and he's Hindu and I think Simran is not about to renounce her family for him as she's more traditional.