Aussie Readers discussion

Sorcerer (DSI Jeff Barton Investigation #1)
This topic is about Sorcerer
Our Authors Spotlight > Introducing Detective Jeff Barton

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Menon (wwwgoodreadscomdavidmenon) | 231 comments David Menon

Hi! I'm a British crime fiction writer and I'd like to introduce you to Detective Superintendent Jeff Barton of the Greater Manchester police who features in my new book 'Sorceror'.

Three bodies are found in an old house .. Detective Jeff Barton and his team investigate .. a history of brutality and abuse is revealed .. investigations lead to one man and his wife who live in a villa in Spain .. twisted family secrets are uncovered and the list of victims starts very much at home .. but is one former victim planning an audacious act of revenge? .. and given the circumstances should it be called revenge or justice? .. Jeff Barton has to find them before someone else is allowed to make that choice.

This is the first in a series to feature Jeff Barton and I'm now writing the second which will be out next March or April. Jeff is a single Dad and balances a demanding job with caring for his five year-old son Toby. Jeff's wife died very suddenly but there are other issues there. She was Chinese and Jeff's parents were against him marrying her from the start because of their racist attitudes. They refuse to help him with childcare and he relies on his brother instead. Jeff's deputy, Detective Sergeant Rebecca Stockton, carries a torch for her boss and would love to fill the emotional gap in his life but will he ever even notice, let alone respond? Maybe it's just all too soon after the death of his wife? Maybe Rebecca just has to bide her time and content herself for the time being with the close friendship they have?

I hope you enjoy 'Sorceror' if you read it. As I've said the next Jeff Barton book will be out next March or April but in January 2014 I'll be releasing 'Fiona Thompson House' which is a mystery novel set almost entirely in Australia. More of that soon.

Sorceror (Detective Superintendent Jeff Barton #1

Happy reading and bye for now!

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new)

Brenda | 70510 comments Mod
Sounds great David! I've added it to my TBR:)

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (shuangs) | 128 comments heard some very good reviews about this series. now give me another reason to read it. :)

message 4: by David (new)

David Menon (wwwgoodreadscomdavidmenon) | 231 comments Brenda wrote: "Sounds great David! I've added it to my TBR:)"

Thanks Brenda!

message 5: by David (new)

David Menon (wwwgoodreadscomdavidmenon) | 231 comments Joanne wrote: "heard some very good reviews about this series. now give me another reason to read it. :)"

Sorceror is only $4.26 on Amazon Australia? And it's on Angus Robertson and Kobo too!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sorcerer (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Menon (other topics)