Cover to Cover Bookclub discussion

The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1)
This topic is about The Golem and the Jinni
Book Discussions > The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kara | 20 comments Mod
We are reading this book from 11/18/2013 through 12/18/2013. Please post your thoughts and questions about the book below.

Ruth (ruthfisher) What a wonderful surprise The Golem and the Jinni turned out to be. This is the first fantasy book I have read as an adult. I loved it. The character development and story were well mastered. I don't want to give anything away, so I will just say I will be looking forward to more books in this genre and I can't wait for Helene Wecker to write another book!

Cassy (cassykernstock) | 5 comments I still have about 8% of the book left to read. I did not particularly enjoy this author's writing style. I felt the overuse of the word tenement was ridiculously excessive. Can't we just call it an apartment?! The story line was dull to me up until the last part of the book. Had the entire book been as exciting as the end I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Cassy (cassykernstock) | 5 comments Ok, now I have finished the book. Still doesn't change my opinion on it. This book really didn't grab my attention. I think because I couldn't identify with the characters I really couldn't appreciate the book. I don't think I would recommend this to others.

Kara | 20 comments Mod
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the book Cassy. I am still reading it. I am at the part there the Golem is about to get married to Michael. I am listen to the Audio book so I am not sure how far into the book I am.

Ruth, I'm glad you liked the book!

Kara | 20 comments Mod
Okay I finished it but never got around to posting my thoughts. Here goes, Overall I liked it. I did get a little board towards the middle. The author did a wonderful job creating the world and the characters but I felt like the climax was missing something. I craved a little more action.