2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Ashlee - New Member - 2013 (no challenge just for fun)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashlee (last edited Dec 09, 2013 05:46PM) (new)

Ashlee (Ajax) | 120 comments :) Will post the books i read to get into habit before I began 2014 challenges

1. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
5/5
my favourite book written by this author

2. Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis
4/5
Felt bonded to this book and Athony's experiences.

3. The Shinning By Stephen King
5/5

4. Currently reading - Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
Doctor Sleep

message 2: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (readinbooks) | 1912 comments It is neat to see your list grow and grow throughout the year. Also fun to see all of the challenges you complete. Have fun with it.

message 3: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (Ajax) | 120 comments thanks Jodi :) every one is really nice on here too so will be great to meet new people

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Welcome to the group Ashlee! 2014 is going to be an awesome year with so many great challenges :D

message 5: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (Ajax) | 120 comments Ive been having a look I am really excited :)

message 6: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Welcome, Ashlee! Let us know if you have any questions.

message 7: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (Ajax) | 120 comments Nice to meet you Kara :) Will do

message 8: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (Ajax) | 120 comments Scar Tissue

WOW I was really unsure how I would take this book as I am not a big Red Hot Chilli Fan, but it was like reading into Anthony's Diary and I really enjoyed it. He wrote the book his own way which has thoughts from different areas and all mixed up. I think I bonded with the book on a personal level as well with the similar experiences and mental issues so the books really was inspiring for me as well. Also cute to show that no matter how famous you can get you can fall in love and be devoted to one person :)

message 9: by Ashlee (new)

Ashlee (Ajax) | 120 comments The Shining

WOW what a book, I found it hard to put down I found myself skipping a head to try and find out what happens so had to make sure I slowed my reading down a little. It is a great book to see inside the head of people with addictions and the joys of our consciousness when instead of picking our selves up it is tearing us down. The first stephen king book I have read and I am impressed. I have already started reading Doctor Sleep...