Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Scowler
This topic is about Scowler
Book Issues > Combine and fix: Scowler by Daniel Kraus

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new) - added it

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 708 comments Hi,

This one is interesting.... I think there was a mix up at some point.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... is the main record for scowler by Daniel Kraus.
Characters are: Ry Burke, his mother and younger sister. It's a horror novel from the sound of it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... is the possible mix-up. For the record with ISBN 9781299266285, the info says the book is titled Scowler by Daniel Kraus. The summary is the same.
But.
Then you look at the info and reviews for the second record. It says original title: A Lesson from Aloes. Reviews talk about an apartheid story set in south Africa (charters Piet, Gladys, and Steve).

It looks like an edition of scowler (2013 ebook from Delacorte press) was accidentally combined with the wrong record. the main record has two ebook editions form Delacorte as well, one with a different ISBN, and one with an ASIN only. This is probably a combine.

Please fix this when you get a chance. Thanks!!

message 2: by Cait (last edited Nov 16, 2013 07:29PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments I am pretty sure that that ISBN was originally assigned to an edition of A Lesson from Aloes. It may have temporarily propagated through ingram as an ISBN for Scowler, but I suspect that that was always incorrect. Since no one has reviewed this specific edition, I think the correct action would be to fill in as much information about the original edition of A Lesson from Aloes as we can legally acquire (this is probably an out of print edition -- most of what I'm finding is from used book sellers, which is informative but not something we can use for cataloging) (actually, no, we're good: there are used copies listed on Amazon, which we can use).