This topic is about Whirl
Group Book Of The Month > Whirl - November BOTM Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discuss the book here!

The question to think about is:

"Emotions are powerful sources of energy. They are what makes us alive. They provide proof of our souls."

To what extent to you agree with the (above) quote? Explain with reference to the book.

Feel free to extend the discussion beyond the questions and simply talk about the book as well :D

Georgia Bell | 9 comments I agree. I wish the above had been stressed a bit more often in Whirl, as the nature of the Aquidae was obscure until I realized that they had no emotional experience. Emotional experience does not solely define us, but it does provide the narrative for our actions. Without emotion, Kendra's actions could be interpreted in multiple ways. I resonated with the idea that emotional energy can be felt and not just inferred. So it didn't seem farfetched that Kendra could channel that energy and use it for her own purposes.

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Georgia wrote: "I agree. I wish the above had been stressed a bit more often in Whirl, as the nature of the Aquidae was obscure until I realized that they had no emotional experience. Emotional experience does not..."

What a gorgeous answer!

I have to agree that emotional experience does not solely define us, although it does aid in the construction of Raveling's world and its intriguing concepts. Kendra is the more prominent example of this.

message 4: by Georgia (last edited Nov 17, 2013 12:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Georgia Bell | 9 comments What a gorgeous answer!

Aw shucks. Thanks! I'm curious to see where things go from here. Also hoping for a bit more Kendra/Tristan action. I love a good forbidden romance.