Manga & Anime Lovers discussion

Anime/Manga > Favourite Character

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Karolina (new)

Karolina | 172 comments Mod
What is your favourite character in any manga/anime? Or maybe you never had a perfect character that you'd love...? What characteristic (personality and appearance) would your 'perfect' character need to have?

message 2: by Daniel (new)

Daniel | 1 comments my favorite character would have to be sasuke uchiha from naruto.i say this because he's a flat out badass! he don't let anyone stand in the way of his goals. he may not exactly be a "good guy" but that don't change the fact that he's a badass, he don't care who you are or where you come from if you stand in his way you're DEAD!!!

message 3: by Blood Bone and Muscle (last edited Nov 19, 2013 04:12PM) (new)

Blood Bone and Muscle | 43 comments I have so many, from series to series.

My all time favourite would have to be Ling Yao from Fullmetal Alchemist. The twists and turns of his character took my breath away. One moment I couldn't stand the man, his arrogance, his dependency, living on the hook of everyone else's wallets. He was inexplicable, annoying and always smiling that infuriating smile. I wanted to slap him for bringing the first ever FMA filler episode besides the one with a baby's birth.
"I don't care if you're the prince of Xing! Stop bothering this story!" I was mentally crying, enraged.

As most stories go, it turned out that Ling wasn't like any of that at all... It was all just a mask. It's the only character I've ever met who can pull off so many faces.

The moment someone attacked his own bodyguard, he snapped. No more playing dumb for a foreign country. The world had bigger plans for him. Just when you're given a Ling shock therapy, flipping your perspective around, you lose him to something worse then death.
All maintained, Ling Yao also managed to give me huge appreciation for a mortal sin: Greed.
With it, he manipulated himself to good guy.

I think it helped that he made me grit my teeth with severe indignation when I first met him.
Well played, Ling Yao, well played.

message 4: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (Hina-sama15) | 1 comments I would have to say that my all time favorite character is Sesshomaru from Inuyasha. Why? Well why not? He's has basic feelings that any human would have, and despite his hatred for the human species, Sesshomaru takes care a little human girl, named Ren. Some may say he's a hypocrite, and I agree with them. But they fail to notice his sincere eyes and loving attitude behind that shroud of negativity.

message 5: by Domovoi (new)

Domovoi (Domovoi56) | 8 comments My favorite character, out of all the manga I've read and anime I've watched, is Izaya from Durarara!! I really don't know why. After all, he is just a manipulative psychotic with a switch blade!

xXQueenofHeartsXx | 31 comments My favorite charater would Yūko Ichihara from xxxholic because of how funny she is, also he fashion, and i love butterflies and her symbol is a butterfly. She also reminds me of Bayonetta.

message 7: by ληgєłα (new)

ληgєłα  (angelacousins) | 250 comments Well... I would have to say my favourite character would have to be Tsukiyomi Ikuto. I love how he turns into a lynx, very cool. If only there was a person like him in real life!

message 8: by TooLazyToLogIn (last edited Feb 15, 2014 01:38AM) (new)

TooLazyToLogIn  (WhyAreYouLookingAtTheURL) | 161 comments I Would have to pick... Asuna as my fav, From Sword Art Online, she is just so stubborn and embarrassed at times, aswell as i love her design and she is very nice later on in the anime and she is just plain awesome!

message 9: by ληgєłα (new)

ληgєłα  (angelacousins) | 250 comments I would also add Zero from Vampire Knight, even though he's a moody character, I just love his name!

TooLazyToLogIn  (WhyAreYouLookingAtTheURL) | 161 comments I Would add Tsukiumi from Sekirei because of her attitude, stubbornness, embarrassment and her ability to manipulate water. I also love her design.

message 11: by ληgєłα (new)

ληgєłα  (angelacousins) | 250 comments I cant believe I never mentioned this first, but my favourite character of all time is Yukina from Watashi ni xx Shinasai. She is completely unique and funny, even though she possibly has feelings towards her cousin which is weird, I guess it is only fiction.

message 12: by Ōjo-sama (new)

Ōjo-sama Sakura | 12 comments Yin from Darker than BLACK (I find her character really intriguing)
Echo from Pandora Hearts (she is so cool!)
Sharon Rainsworth from Pandora Hearts (I love how she works hard to become strong so she can stay be Breaks side and be helpful to him)
Xerxes Break from Pandora Hearts (How can you not love Break? He is amazing)

message 13: by Dominic (new)

Dominic Samatar (DOMINICSAMATARGMAILcom) | 38 comments i like inu yasha from inu yasha.

message 15: by DeepTiNkEr5 (new)

DeepTiNkEr5 (goodreadscomCiel_Phantomhive) | 17 comments Let me think...

Ciel Phantomhive (myself)
[image error]

Chihiro Ogino
[image error]

Auska Shikinami
[image error]

Italy
[image error]

Princess Mononoke

Gait ~Giratina~ || Lord of the Distortion World || Renegade of the Universe || Bringer of Darkness and Fear || Fear my horrible powers, feel my tremendous Hate!  (Novustas) | 10 comments 私の好きな​​アニメ/漫画のキャラクターはソウルイーターからブラックスターです!

message 17: by DeepTiNkEr5 (last edited Apr 16, 2014 05:06PM) (new)

DeepTiNkEr5 (goodreadscomCiel_Phantomhive) | 17 comments I KNOW! I'm going to narrow it down to one character!

[image error]

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) Sailor Uranus and Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon because they are both tough and will fight for the ones they love.

message 19: by Chelsea (last edited Apr 21, 2014 10:20PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Amber wrote: "Sailor Uranus and Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon because they are both tough and will fight for the ones they love."

I really like both of them as well but Sailor Venus is also a really good character.
Sailor Venus and her other Identities

message 20: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) That's my sister's fave scout Chelsea. :)

message 21: by Katie (new)

Katie | 12 comments My definite favorite is... Sanji from one piece. The main reason is that hes a hopeless romantic with awesome sense of who needs a beating at a particular time.

message 22: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Christina wrote: "Tough to choose just one! Ed and Al from FMA are good on their own, but they're the best together. Bleach is even tougher. For the guys, I probably like Renji, Hitsugaya, Ichigo, Ishida, Urahara......"

I agree about it being hard to choose just one favorite character!
Some of my favorites guys are:
Gaara from Naruto
Rui Hanazawa from Hana Yori Dango
Kensuke Yura from the manga Girl Got Game
Takumi Usui from Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

And for the girls:
Misty from Pokémon
Chocolat from Sugar Sugar Rune
Misaki Ayuzawa from Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
Tazusa Sakurano from Ginban Kaleidoscope

message 23: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Christina wrote: "Gaara! How could I forget him? He and Shikamaru are probably my faves from Naruto."

I love Shikamaru too! He is really entertaining in his own way.
description

message 24: by Janice (new)

Janice | 29 comments From say I love u.........
Yamato is soooooo cute...
From shugo chara:
Ikuto ( love him!!!)
@-@

message 25: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Vermillion (lyndaffodil) | 2 comments Killua from hunter x hunter!! Love how he is so badass and young , always helping Gon and showing what friendship really is. Mavis Vermillion from fairytail, cute master! So many more, cant think from the top of my head :(

message 26: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I love tamaki from Ouran High School host club the anime too! cuz he's cool and vic mignogna voiced him and he is a great voice actor! ^_^

message 28: by Chelsea (last edited Apr 30, 2014 05:14PM) (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments Amber wrote: "I love tamaki from Ouran High School host club the anime too! cuz he's cool and vic mignogna voiced him and he is a great voice actor! ^_^"

Tamaki in OHSHC was really fun & I love Vic Mignogna as a voice actor! He also played Dark Mousy in D.N.Angel.
Dark

message 29: by ληgєłα (new)

ληgєłα  (angelacousins) | 250 comments I love Dark Mousy! XD

message 30: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 270 comments ☽☾Aηgєłα☽☾ wrote: "I love Dark Mousy! XD"

I know, he is such a great character! Daisuke and Satoshi are pretty good to though.

message 31: by Janice (new)

Janice | 29 comments Ohhhh yeah I like Tamiki too!
Funny personality

message 32: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberterminatorofgoodreads) I saw d.n. angel and I liked the character dark too with daisuke.

message 33: by Jojo (new)

Jojo Frost (jojobookfreak) | 17 comments I have way too many favorite anime characters to compare. However, I believe my favorite anime character has to be Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha.

message 34: by Amy (new)

Amy ok,this is super tough to choose only one favourtie character, so there's a list of the characters that i love:
Zoro and Nami from One Piece
Gintoki from Gintama
Nodame from Nodame Cantabile
Hoozuki from Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Natsume from Natsume's book of friends
Ginko from Mushishi
and many more........

message 35: by Ryn (new)

Ryn | 10 comments Hard question to answer...but my top 5 for now would be Al from FMA, Sasuke from Naruto, Mikasa from Singeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titans, Killua from Hunter X Hunter and Inori from Guilty Crown...but my all time favourite would be Ran-ma from Ranma 1/2 (I know that is really old but it still makes me laugh like anything) followed closely by Hanamichi from Slam Dunk

message 36: by InuLover (new)

InuLover (sango) | 45 comments Killua - Hunter x Hunter
Inuyasha - Inuyasha
Zero - Save me lollipop
Kenshin Himura - Rurouni Kenshin
Kyo - Fruts Basket
Yusei - YuGiOh! 5Ds (he is cute)
there are more except that I can't remember them all XP

message 37: by Taleisha (last edited Jul 10, 2014 05:09PM) (new)

Taleisha | 153 comments InuLover wrote: "Killua - Hunter x Hunter
Inuyasha - Inuyasha
Zero - Save me lollipop
Kenshin Himura - Rurouni Kenshin
Kyo - Fruts Basket
Yusei - YuGiOh! 5Ds (he is cute)
there are more except that I can't remembe..."

YES! Yusei is an awesome character!

message 38: by Noctowl (new)

Noctowl | 34 comments Max-pokemon
May-pokemon
Brock-pokemon
Nurse Joy- Pokemon
Chopper-one piece

message 39: by Kayla (last edited Jul 11, 2014 04:12AM) (new)

Kayla | 92 comments Favourite characters at the moment:
Bleach- Kenpachi Zaraki
- Yachiru
- Soi Fon
- Nel
Vampire Knight- Zero
- Akatsuki
OHHC- Hikaru Hitachiin
Yu-Gi-Oh - Yugi (the spirit in the Millennium Puzzle)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2- Axel
- Xian
- Larxene
- Zexion
These are the ones I like at the moment. More will come, sooner or later. Obviously this shows I like Bleach and Knigdom Hearts alot.

message 40: by Rose Alice (new)

Rose Alice | 4 comments Favorite characters for now :-
Skip beat- Kyouko, Tsuruga Ren/Corn(MY FAV!!!)
Vampire knight - Kaname,Zero
Black Jack- Dr. Black Jack
Kaichou wa Maid Sama- Usui
Naruto- Naruto,Kakashi,Hinata
Ouran host club- Mori
Brothers conflict- Natsume,Asahina Kaname,wataru,louis
Inuyasha- Rin
Sket Dance- The Sket dance group(Bossun,Himeko,Switch) & President.
Special A- Kei
La Corda Doro- Kazuki Hihara,Ryotarou Tsuchiura
Otome Youkai Zakuro -Riken Yoshinokazura
Trinity Blood-Abel Nightroad
Blood + - Haji,Solomon
OopS! I can only remember them for now :P

message 41: by Taleisha (last edited Feb 09, 2016 07:38PM) (new)

Taleisha | 153 comments Favourite characters right now:-
Ouran Highschool Host Club- Kaoru
Bleach- Kaien, Shuhei, byakuya, grimmjow, kensei
Sword Art Online- Kirito
Vampire Knight- Akatsuki, zero
Kingdom Hearts- Roxas
Final Fantasy- Cloud, Noctis, Lightning
Yu-gi-oh!- Yusei Fudo
07-GHOST- Frau
Pokemon- Growlithe, Manetric, Charmander, too many to say!:)
Beyblades Metal Fusion- Kyoya
Archlord- Leon, Ugdrasil, some masked bad guy with a big scar on his face (never seems to mention his name).
Naruto- Kakashi
Attack on Titan- Reiner, Jean
Soul Eater- soul
D-gray man- Lavi, Reever
Dogs: Bullets and Carnage- Heine
Trinity Blood- Tres, Abel
Cowboy Bebop- Jet
Free!- Makoto, Seijuro, Sousuke

message 42: by anne⁷ (new)

anne⁷  (roanne_ya) | 4 comments My most favorite character will always be Killua from Hunter x Hunter. Been a fangirl for over 10 years! Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist and Anna from Shaman King takes the 2nd and 3rd spot. I love Osaka from Azumanga Daioh too. <3

message 43: by Ash (new)

Ash | 271 comments Like pretty much everyone else who answered felt, there is just no way I could choose only one. At the top of my list of favorites is:
Kisuke Urahara, Youirichi, Rangiku from Bleach. Izumi Curtis(sp), Olivier Armstrong, Van Hohenheim fron FMA. Alucard & Integra from Hellsing. L from Death Note. Spike & Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. Major Kusanji from Ghost in the Shell. Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, Dr. Stein & Mifune from Soul Eater. Yoshimoro & Tokine from Kekkaishi. I could definitely keep going.

message 44: by grant (new)

grant wilcock (grantj400) | 133 comments yusae - yugioh 5ds
crow Hogan - yugioh 5ds
kenshin himura - rurouni kenshin
sauske uchia - naruto
sanosuke sagara - rurouni kenshin
kalin Kessler - yugioh 5ds

message 45: by Silvia (last edited Dec 06, 2014 02:49PM) (new)

Silvia Turcios | 54 comments Ling and Roy Mustang from FMA Brotherhood
Allen Walker from D.Gray Man
Sanji from One Piece
Akira from Hikaru No Go
Shesshomaru from InuYasha
Killua from HunterXHunter
Natsume from Natsume Yuujinchou

message 46: by Hina (new)

Hina (one-piece-rules) | 27 comments Zoro-One piece
Hawkeye-FMA
Kid-Soul Eater
I might have others but I forgot

message 47: by Raven Forrest (new)

Raven Forrest (ravenforrest) | 5 comments Shiro from Deadman Wonderland

message 48: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 185 comments Aidou Hanabusa (ヴァンパイア騎士) - he's so funny
Nadeshiko Fujisaki/ Nagihiko (しゅごキャラ! ) - he's beautiful
Tadase Hotori (しゅごキャラ! ) - very funny when he character transform "Listen you commmoners!"
Ikuto Tsukiyomi (しゅごキャラ! )
Sebastian Michaelis (黒執事)
Earl Alois Trancy (黒執事II)
Light Yagami (デスノート)
Ryuk (デスノート)
Azuma Yunoki (金色のコルダ)
Len Tsukimori (金色のコルダ)
Kei Takishima (スペシャル·エー)

message 49: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Varnell | 162 comments I don't really have a favorite, but if I had to make a list it would be:

Edward Elric-great character development
Erza Scarlet-strong female heroine
Spike Spiegal-love his attitude
Touma Kamijou-he's got a good hard
Naruto Uzumaki-because he never gives up
Simone the Digger-because he becomes a complete badass
Sora-because he's funny as hell
Issei Hyoudou-harem of beautiful women, need I say more?

I've got plenty of other favorites, but I'll leave it here. It would take too long to list them all.

message 50: by Lára (new)

Lára  | 185 comments A new list of favourites:

Sytry (シトリー) - Makai Ōji: Devils and Realist 魔界王子
Hanabusa Aido (藍堂 英) - Vampire Knight ヴァンパイア騎士
Kaien Cross (黒主 灰閻理事長) - Vampire Knight ヴァンパイア騎士
Undertaker 葬儀屋(アンダーテイカー)- Kuroshitsuji 黒執事
Yunoki Azuma (柚木 梓馬) - La Corda d'Oro 金色のコルダ
Tsukimori Ren (月森 蓮) - La Corda d'Oro 金色のコルダ
Near (ニア) - Death Note デスノート
Ki-Ja (キジャ Kija) - Akatsuki no Yona 暁のヨナ
Jae-Ha (ジェハ Jeha) - Akatsuki no Yona 暁のヨナ

I need to re/watch Vampire Knight again soon, I miss Aido - he´s hilarious!
And only 6 more days (not counting today) for next Tuesday and next ep of Akatsuki no Yona and more Jeha. I´m currently obssesed with him. The green dragon and (view spoiler)

« previous 1