The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Book Hunting / Recommendations > help please in identifying this author/series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenina77) I'm looking for help finding a book/author. I was browsing a library shelf while I was on holidays (#yesIamabookgeek) and spotted a new-to-me detective series that I thought I'd like to try. They're set in Africa (Kenya possibly, but I'm not 100% sure about that), and the blurb on the back compared the books to the No 1 Ladies Detective series, but with more substance. The titles were kind of quirky and not immediately evocative of a detective series.

I thought for sure I'd remember the name ... but it's gone completely from my memory. I tried googling "detective series set in Africa" but none of the ones that came up are right.

Anyone? TIA.

message 2: by Rhian (new)

Rhian (rhianlovesbooksx1f4d6) | 352 comments try searching for no1 ladies detective on here and look at the similar books, i've found a book by doing that

message 3: by Donna, Co-Moderator (new)

message 4: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 104 comments Michael Stanley would be my guess as well or try Unity Dow. She's a judge in Botswana and writes detective novels.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenina77) Nope, none of those, but thanks for trying! (And I've read Unity Dow -- I really liked her books.)

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 851 comments Karen...google the article Beyond that Lady Detective:African Crime Series in Publishers Weekly...the series/author may be in there

message 7: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 35398 comments Have you tried checking the location entry for Africa on www.stopyourekillingme.com?

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenina77) Jan C wrote: "Have you tried checking the location entry for Africa on www.stopyourekillingme.com?"

Yup, tried, that, nada.

Scott wrote: "Karen...google the article Beyond that Lady Detective:African Crime Series in Publishers Weekly...the series/author may be in there"

That was one of the articles that came up when I did my first search -- and none of the authors there are the one I'm looking for.

Hmm. I thought this would be easier! (Serves me right for not writing it down.)

message 9: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) | 104 comments See if it is either of these https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Alternatively, post your questioning that group, since it deals with African literature