Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Author Requested Book Deletion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondaal) | 39 comments I need the assistance of a Super Librarian. The author sent me the following message: "wondering if I could have the "Smooching Frogs" book removed from Goodreads. On October 31, I will regain the rights to this book from the publisher and plan to re-release it as an updated and much improved series. Is it possible to have it removed as a book listing on GR?" Smooching Frogs and Other College Adventures

message 2: by Emy (last edited Nov 16, 2013 03:35PM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments If the book was published, then the general rule is Nope, we don't remove it.

New editions, new records which are combined with the old. If the new version is SIGNIFICANTLY different (I believe 75% or so change was the designation before), then it will have a new edition 'set' too, and will need a prominent Librarian note on each edition to not add to XXXX as well.

Generally, I would suggest to the author that they start a new thread here themselves rather than (unintentionally or otherwise) trying to get help via the back door... As it stands, there are FOUR PAGES of adds, who would probably be decidedly unimpressed if their book was lost (and could promptly then add it back).

message 3: by Rhonda (last edited Nov 16, 2013 03:44PM) (new)

Rhonda (rhondaal) | 39 comments Okay, thanks. I had suggested she do just that (Post a thread to the group).