The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Book Talk Part 2 > Under-hyped books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
What less popular books have you read? What books are so awesome yet not many people know about it?

message 2: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) The Darkest Minds... it's my new favorite series and it's amazing but not a lot of people have read it (or heard of it).

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

The Lux series. Can you believe some people have never heard of it? *shakes head in disbelief*

message 4: by Nat (new)

Nat (talieami) | 122 comments Miss Amazingness wrote: "The Lux series. Can you believe some people have never heard of it? *shakes head in disbelief*"

I was just gonna say that! I first saw it and wasn't expecting to be impressed, but I think I read four of them in 3 days!

message 5: by Nat (new)

Nat (talieami) | 122 comments Katie wrote: "I think Tigers Curse is a book more people need to read. I've read this weeks ago and I've still been talking about this non-stop."

What's it about?

message 6: by Nat (new)

Nat (talieami) | 122 comments It occurs to me, not enough people have read Hourglass

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Not many people have read the Curse Workers series and they should

message 8: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) I really liked the first book but not the ending. And I hate Ky. He was just awful. I mean Cassia was matched with Xander and he didn't even care! He just hooks up with her in the middle of a forest anyway.

message 9: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments The Prophecy of the sisters by michele zink, that series is the bomb!! more ppl should know about it.

message 10: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments didnt they make a movie already, and people know about it all over the world?

message 11: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Well yeah but all over the world isn't enough! The Book Thief is AMAZING. People should know about it all over the galaxy. Not that there are any other people in our galaxy besides us on earth but still. If there are other people, they should know about The Book Thief. :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I am the messanger by Markus Zusak is also a very good book not many people have read

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 1590 comments The Ruby Red Trilogy. The first one isn't the greatest. But the second one was amazing. I need that last one!

message 14: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Kitty wrote: "The Ruby Red Trilogy. The first one isn't the greatest. But the second one was amazing. I need that last one!"

I am really excited to read this!

message 15: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Book Thief, Angelfall, The forest of hands and teeth and Anna and the french kiss. I wish more people knew about them.

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela | 86 comments Wild Awake by Hilary E. Smith, This Song will Save your Life by Leila Sales, and all of Miranda Kenneally's books. They are really under-hyped but they are so great :) not many people read them D;

message 17: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Kitty wrote: "The Ruby Red Trilogy. The first one isn't the greatest. But the second one was amazing. I need that last one!"

I really want to read this!

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 1590 comments Princess Diaries is another one. Such a good series:)

message 19: by Dan (new)

Dan (booknooknoggin) If you are looking for some new YA I'm doing a giveaway here - http://youtu.be/J7eACvHqvOY

message 20: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zoesnicholson) Either...

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

or

The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1) by Trenton Lee Stewart
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela | 86 comments I've read both of them! they're really good :D

message 22: by Caru (new)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 203 comments I agree with Ayesha about Angelfall! It is awesome, but havne't read the second one yet but hopefully its as good as the first.
And The Darkest Minds Series is awesome, but I haven't really hear many people talking about it.

message 25: by Wren (new)

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (godisgoodallthetime-) | 1590 comments Julia wrote: "Nevermore (Nevermore, #1) by Kelly Creagh"

This one looks really good

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

The Host by Stephenie Meyer.

Most people only know of Stephenie Meyer because of Twilight. When they think of Stephenie Meyer, they think of sparkly vampires, love triangles, werewolves and vampires, helpless main characters, etc(Ugh btw i hate it when people say that about Twilght<3 >.<)but a lot of people don't know about Stephenie's other book...THE HOST<3333 And i wish more people knew about the host because it is 100000x better than Twilight(though i still love twilight XD)

message 28: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Cheyenne | 1425 comments Mod
Nightshade

message 29: by Ally (new)

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments I don't know if it is under hyped, but All Our Yeaterdays by Cristin Terrill was one of my favorite books last year and not enough people have read it (meaning not every single person lol)! It was AMAZING!

message 30: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Once Upon A Time wrote: "Nightshade"

I liked that book :)

message 31: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Ally wrote: "I don't know if it is under hyped, but All Our Yeaterdays by Cristin Terrill was one of my favorite books last year and not enough people have read it (meaning not every single person lol)! It was ..."

I'll check it out !

message 32: by Ally (new)

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments Yayyy!!! You definitely should!!!

message 34: by Fifth Horseman (last edited Mar 25, 2014 02:34AM) (new)

Fifth Horseman (fifthhorseman) The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta.
Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2) by Melina Marchetta Quintana of Charyn (Lumatere Chronicles, #3) by Melina Marchetta
Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, Quintana of Charyn.
Seriously, it's the BEST YA high fantasy series I've ever read; better than Graceling, Throne of Glass, and Shadow and Bone.

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 114 comments AShadowhuntersLibrary wrote: "Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntire"

second that

message 37: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (reads4fun730) | 718 comments I would say The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I couldn't stand the Twilight series, and couldn't believe those books came from the same author!

message 38: by Emily Rabecca (new)

Emily Rabecca (northernbellebookworm) I would say the ruby red trilogy as well! Also The Turning (Blood Ties, #1) by Jennifer Armintrout this series is amazing! I don't know if its counted as YA but it is my favorite paranormal series!

message 39: by Ally (new)

Ally Bryan (allysbookshoparoundthecorner) | 260 comments Veronica wrote: "AShadowhuntersLibrary wrote: "Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntire"

second that"

Agree!! Although, I couldn't get into the sequel :-/

message 40: by Wells Margo (last edited Mar 25, 2014 11:33AM) (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 297 comments In the After (In the After #1) by Demitria Lunetta Eve (Eve, #1) by Anna Carey Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano
A lot of my favorite books nobody has ever heard of

message 42: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Sarah wrote: "I would say The Host by Stephanie Meyer. I couldn't stand the Twilight series, and couldn't believe those books came from the same author!"

I agree! The Host is so much better than Twilight :D

message 43: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 114 comments Ally wrote: "Veronica wrote: "AShadowhuntersLibrary wrote: "Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntire"

second that"

Agree!! Although, I couldn't get into the sequel :-/"

i loved the sequel. it was confusing but definitely amazing. do read it :D

Shadowhunter's Library (blazecarstairs) | 132 comments Veronica wrote: "Ally wrote: "Veronica wrote: "AShadowhuntersLibrary wrote: "Hourglass (Hourglass, #1) by Myra McEntire"

second that"

Agree!! Although, I couldn't get into the sequel :-/"

i loved the sequel. it was confusing..."

I really want to read the sequel, but I have soooo many books to read now so I don't want to get into now (maybe summer I'll read at least the second book).

#notmyrealname#iluvjesus | 78 comments I don't think alot of people know about evermore or the fated series

message 46: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

HON

House of Night

message 47: by Erica (new)

Erica (ericaevernight) | 912 comments Yeah that is under hyped

message 48: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Yeah I got bored after the 7th book

message 49: by Cheyenne, The Musical One (new)

Still hadn't heard of it.

message 50: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 33 comments Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade My Wolf's Bane (Shapes of Autumn, #1) by Veronica Blade Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Elfin (The Elfin, #1) by Quinn Loftis

I think these are all great under-hyped books!

« previous 1