1x1's > Wise and Kin

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyhey

So, what's dramatic for you or what kind of drama did you have in mind? c:

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! ^.^

And I was thinking of doing a Romeo/Juliet drama only everything's opposite of what the actual text is about. Two opposite families decide to mend the gap between them by setting up their daughter and son to wed. The only problem is, the two despise each other. Throughout, the two decide to help each other by setting each other up with other possible suitors unbeknownst to their families.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh that sounds pretty cool. :) Different suitors meaning their friends and matbe even random people on the street becase they're so desperate to be rid of each other. Then the families could force them to, like, spend quality time together either by going horseback riding or canoeing and it only ends up horribly but funny and cute.

Anyway, yeah. :p just blabbering. feel free to hate.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, I think it's perfect. x3

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ok, who do you want to be?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm fine with either role. ^^

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Um, I guess the girl? I'm not fussy, I've just got a 9 girls:15 boys ratio when it comes to every roleplay (typically I like playing boys better so if you want to be the girl, then lemme know. Otherwise, I just want to try evening things out if you're alright with that haha)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, no worries. I was actually hoping if I could play the guy! :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha well alright then I guess that's that. Would you prefer basic or more descriptive characters? Aannd how old typically?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Basic would be fine.
And maybe around the 18-20s range.

Ooh, and for the actual RP, could we do it in first-person present-tense? ^^

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds mighty fine to me and I'd love to do it in first person, present tense. ^-^ I'm currently busy at the moment but I'll have start on her as soon as I'm not. :)

Oh, are making this a sort of rich/poor kind of family feuding/amends or are they both considerably wealthy/powerful families?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Alrighty. :)

And, uh, I'd prefer if they're wealthy and powerful. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to go horseback riding like you suggested previously. x3

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha sounds good to me. :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Alright, I'll get started on my charrie.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah, one more question, haha. Which era will the roleplay be taking place? Modern? Medieval? Victorian etc...

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Modern sounds good. :)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Okie dokie, working on her. :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

ᴇssᴇɴᴛɪᴀʟ ɪɴғʀᴀsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ

[Name] Alexander Baudouin Trepagnier

[Age] Nineteen years of age. {19} ▣ January 11th, 4:57 AM. ▣

[Gender] ♂ Of masculine origin. [xy]

ᴀᴘᴘᴀʀɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ ɪɴғʀᴀsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ

sɪɢɴɪғɪᴄᴀɴᴛ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

↠ Raised under a premise of content and doted on frequently by his family, Alexander has been pretty much shaped into a guy who thinks he's way better than everyone. Whether it's looks, intellect, or even just good humor, Alexander will always have backup to support his arrogance - so don't you even try to get him to admit that he's wrong; you'll regret it immensely if you do so. And it won't be because he'll get angry - though his truculence is something you don't want to see, it'll be worse for you to endure the speech he sometimes launches on his perfections. So a word to the wise: Don't tell him he's wrong or else he'll simply set out a way to have you imprisoned. After all, he is a royal descendant of the Trepagnier family.

((I hope he's good. ^.^))

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Francisco <3

He's great, haha. ^-^ Sorry it's taking so long, I can't settle on an appearance. What do you think? Blonde, brown or red hair?

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

LAKLSLJAKJSA, I know. *-*

Haha, maybe blonde might work in this case. ^-^

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Shounds good ^-^ I see we're going cliche here, mwuahaha.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

PERFECTION. *-*

Haha, yes. >:D

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

>B]

Now I just have to find the perfect blonde. So many good candidates. D:

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh, I know. D: It's one of the main reasons why I always base my female characters as brunette.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah, me tooo haha. D: But I think I've found her!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! :D

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh, I like the second. :3

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

That was my original girl :D Woo, okay, nearly done with her now.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Alrighty. :D

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2013 03:52PM) (new)

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅
name // ℳᴀʀɪᴇ-ℰʟɪsᴀʙᴇᴛʜᴀʀʀɪɴɢᴛᴏɴ ¤
nickname // ¤ ℰʟɪsᴀ
age // [ 1 ] ℯɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ [ 8 ]

appearance //
Stature 5'7"
tint of pupil(view spoiler)
complexion☽ refer to image
hair pigmentation refer to image

Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜ.
❝ ι'ᴍ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ. тʜᴀᴛ'ѕ ᴍʏ ᴊᴏʙ ❞
sexual orientation // Heterosexual
relationship status // Unhappily engaged
extra content //
► Born in England, Ms. Harrington carries an oh-so lovely English accent; naturally bringing forth a foreign charm. Not to mention a sharp, condescending tone when provoked. ☌

► It is to be noted that Elisa is the second-youngest child and only daughter.
Craig Richard Harrington [ 22 ] - (view spoiler)
Harold Maxwell Harrington [ 20 ] - (view spoiler)
Benjamin Harrington [ 7 ] - (view spoiler)
► This beloved feline goes by the name of Belle and appears like so:
(view spoiler)

► Gifted with her left hand, Elisa's very well capable of creating wonderful chef-d'oeuvres. Moreover, it has been obliged by her parents that she learn numerous instruments such as the piano, the violin, the harp and a few various others.
Template copyrighted to Marie.
(view spoiler)
((Sorry, supper time called. ^-^' I hope she's not too bad, haha.))

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

She's beautiful. :oo

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

^-^ Thank you! Yeah, I added Benjamin because I thought that at some point, he could run away while Elisa's supposed to be watching him and she doesn't know who to go to because her parents would kill her if they find out she ends up knocking at Alexander's door or calling him and they could go looking for him in the rain or something. o.o But...later on in the roleplay obviously. No? Yes? Maybe?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd seriously love to incorporate that. o.O You're genius.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it'd be a good way to kind of push the two of them together, haha. c:

How should we start this roleplay, you think?

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe Alexander's parents could invite the Harrington family over and the two could acknowledge each other distastefully. :p

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my, what an awkward supper that will be. So, who's to start? Either I can with the Harrington fambam knocking at the door or you can with whatever's happening within the Trepagnier residence. c:

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

If you could start, that'd be great. c:

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Mhm, fo'sho. But it'll be crap so be prepared to wipe your screen with toilet paper. Um...yeah, I just said that.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Psht, I'm sure your post will be perfect like you. <333

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2013 05:22PM) (new)

Marie-Elisabeth Harrington
“Now, Elisa, you know tha-”

“I know very well that you sought to ruin my life the moment you knew I had a chance to attend the University that rejected you; yes, mother, I am quite aware of that.” I don't think I've ever spoken to my mum in such manner before, but you have to understand that I've never asked for this. None of it. I never asked to be born a girl in a family of dominating boys. I never asked I never asked to be engaged to someone whom I've never even met. Point is, I am royally pissed off that I'm obliged to attend this stinkin' dinner. As if to prove my current distaste, I sigh and dig in my purse for my phone. What's even worse is that the majority of my friends are either off to college or are renting out their own flats.

And then there's me. Going to a dinner to meet my fiance. Seriously, I think that is the worst thing a girl can do after having graduated. But oh, wait, I didn't choose this. No, my parents think it's a splendid idea to arrange their only daughter up for marriage with a boy whose family name used to clash with ours. Now everyone's trying to be the good guy and make amends. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making peace as long as it doesn't involve my liberty of dating other men and living my life the way I want.

“Elisa, just relax, it's not that big of a deal.” Craig dares address those words to me and my only answer is an irritated glare before I shove my phone back in my purse and focus my gaze out the window. “Eli-”

“Can you shut up? Be grateful they don't have a daughter, otherwise it'd be you instead of me.” I point out, knowing that my temper is getting the best of me but for what my parents have done to me, I think I'm allowed to be upset. Briefly, I look down beside me and see that Ben is looking up at me, his brown eyes glinting with something I don't think I can handle right now. “Don't worry, Bennie.” I murmur quietly, bringing my arm around his shoulders and pulling his little body into my side. “I'm not mad at you.” I assure him, my words now whispering in his ear. Thankfully, it makes him smile a little and I sit up straight, keeping my baby brother tucked next to me.

Within five horrible minutes, we're pulled up into the rather big driveway and we're all getting out of the car. As for me, well, I take my precious time waiting for Ben to get out of the car so I can hold his hand. I'm aware that Harry hasn't said anything for the entire car ride, which kind of scares me but I don't have the time nor patience to fret over him. Instead, all four of us follow our mum and dad to the big front door. I watch as my father raises his arm and soon enough, presses the doorbell.

In this moment, even though I'm not showing in any which way,

I'm scared as fuck.
(view spoiler)

message 42: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2013 06:15PM) (new)

Aʟᴇxᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Bᴀᴜᴅᴏᴜɪɴ Tʀᴇᴘᴀɢɴɪᴇʀ 
On a typical Sunday night, I'd be out with my buds, a cigarette in hand as I would successfully land a girl that would preferably be suitable to my apparitional standards. The other guys, however, would be slurring crude pick-up lines to young women who would make their utter disgust clear at the sight of boys in their freshman year at college wasting themselves over alcohol. I myself would never accept a can of beer; it was too risky for my high status in society. Plus, I would be in deep shit with my parents. But tonight, it seemed otherwise when one of my entourages quietly informed me that my parents wished to speak with me.

I run a hand through my dark chestnut locks, listening to the soft squeak of my black Vans against the mahogany floorboards as I cross the hallway to the living room. I take note of the composed countenances of my mother and father and swallow, feeling a tad nervous. I was always their model son, the embodiment of perfection. Heck, my mother couldn't last two minutes on the phone without bragging about my latest successes, some of which ran a line along exaggerating. But I never minded; it felt good to be acknowledged as flawless and I'm proud to say that I think myself in that manner.

"Mom? Dad?" I pause at a leather chair, seating myself properly and resisting the urge to put my feet up against the glass coffee table. It was bad enough that I seemed to be in big shit with my parents; I didn't need to further my upcoming punishment by accidentally scratching the fragile material.

But surprisingly, I'm not in trouble. They reassure me well enough but there seems to be something they know that I don't. I can see it from the way they glance at each other, a faint smile struggling to rise upon their lips. "Honey," my mother starts, raising a glass of water to her lips for a dainty sip, "We think we've found the perfect girl for you to wed."

In the midst of the visible shock that's clearly visible on my face, I find that I've been anonymously set up with some dainty little princess from the Harrington side. I know all about the feud that my ancestors took part in with the Harringtons and that for a while, we were rivals. But apparently, my parents had long decided that the gap between the two families needed to be filled. And to what cause? Me. I had to marry some girl I didn't even know and probably didn't even like.

"Wait," I blink, laughing nervously whilst looking at them blankly. "I do have a say in this, right?" Again, I see the look exchanged between my parents and I imperceptibly shake my head, hoping that, no, it couldn't be true, really.

"Alexander." I flinch as I hear my full name rolling off my father's tongue in a warning tone. I've always loathed that name, always going by Alex to my friends. But I've never spoken up to my parents about how I wished to be addressed. I was always too fucking scared.

"You know how we feel about love," my father continues sternly. "Marrying for love has no value. Now the reason that you're marrying for has good morality; it makes sense." He hesitates before trying for a thin smile. "If you're worried about how she looks, I assure you that she is quite a beauty."

I close my eyes, rubbing at my temple with my index and middle finger. How she looked was the least of my problems. Right now, I was engaged to a girl I didn't even know and I didn't know what to do. It was all suddenly too much to handle, all this shit getting hurled at me. I wanted to deflect it all, say no and leave, heading to the familiar ground when my buddies always hung out. But before I could even get up, the familiar chime of the doorbell brought me to the cold reality.

Oh, what fresh hell was this?

(view spoiler)

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

The longer I stand here, holding Ben's hand, the more I want to just scoop him up in my arms and book it. He's not that heavy and I'm not the weak, so I'm pretty sure I'd be able to do it. But of course, as much as I'd like to be anywhere else but here, I know that running away isn't an option. Not when I have something to prove to my parents. That I could bring them more pride than this amend could ever bring forth. I'm not being chesty, either.

I look down at my dress and meticulously smooth over the small wrinkle at the end of the cloth. Whilst I'm at it, I take the opportunity to brush a few stray pieces of hair out of my face and resist the urge to moisten my lips in fear that I'll wind up with lipstick on my teeth or even worse, uneven colour spread over my mouth; I've spent an immense amount of time to perfect the lip liner and I'm not going to let my bad habit get the best of me. Not tonight. Plus, my parents, especially mum, would not appreciate I embarrass their reputation with an unenviable daughter. As far as they're concerned, I'm their little angel; only she's been withering away ever since she found out that her wings were being tied down to the ground.

Just as I finish straightening my gold necklace speckled with a small, diamond encrusted heart as a small pendant, the unfamiliar door opens and I can barely comprehend what happens next. This family, whose faces I'd never encountered before, their ancestors fought relentlessly with ours and now, everyone thought it'd be a great idea if we made up for their mistakes by setting up two children for marriage.

The idea of the century.

Now, as I watch my mum and dad greet the other adults respectfully, kissing cheeks and everything! I let my brothers do their introducing themselves as well before I dare step into the home, carefully soaking my surroundings. Though when it's my turn to say hello, I glance at my dad and see his eyes burning into mine, silently ordering me to do as I'm told. But I don't. I simply stand there, a polite smile on my lips as my hand grasps Ben's harder than I should.

Seeing my subtle hostility, my mum makes a point to press her hand against the small of my back, gently pushing me toward the family, but more specifically, a young man with impeccably irritating looks. This...this can't be. “Hun, say hello.” She murmured with too much sweetness for it to sound genuine to anyone who knows her better.

“Hi, this is quite a lovely home.” It's in these moments that I hear my accent the most. The awkward ones. The ones where everything I say or do just feels wrong, as if I'm not supposed to be here, but somewhere else and this is fate's way of telling me I need to go fall back in the line of time.
(view spoiler)