DumbleDORKS discussion

Marvel Universe > Thor (2011)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Nov 16, 2013 12:28AM) (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Seriously, this movie should have been called Loki.

Discuss it all here.

ZEH FEELS.

message 2: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 2846 comments I rewatched it yesterday and LOKI IS SO AMAZING I HAD FORGOTTEN MY LOVE FOR HIM. And Thor is perfect as well. I love this movie.

message 3: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments I know, right?! I watched it for the first time like, "Meh, kind of cool, I like the black-haired guy, what's his name again?" and then by the second time it was, "NO, ODIN, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS?! MY POOR LOKI! NOOOOO!!!!"

*cough*
Erm, yes.

Thor is good. Thor is cool. He reminds me of Boromir an awful lot at the beginning of the movie. You know -- Favourite son, big head . . . he even looks a bit like Boromir.
Yeah, I adore this movie. Favourite scene? Line?

message 4: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Hm... How to pick??? How to pick...

message 5: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments 'Xactly. For me it's the Loki/Odin, "surprise, you're adopted" scene. I love it to pieces. Wah. *fangirl tears*

message 6: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments *yells at Roman* xDDD
Kidding.
Eh. It was complicated enough for me. *scratches head* I never get complicated film plots ^_^

message 7: by Monica (new)

Monica Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "'Xactly. For me it's the Loki/Odin, "surprise, you're adopted" scene. I love it to pieces. Wah. *fangirl tears*"

Agreed. When Loki yelled "TELL ME" to Odin I lost it completely.

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee I haven't seen this yet, but I've seen the Avengers...I couldn't understand why I loved Loki so much when I first saw it...

message 9: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments You loved Loki because he is Loki. Obviously.

message 10: by Dee (new)

Dee I know; I think I've figured it out; it's how well he is played! It's so perfect and he is beautiful in his special way!

message 11: by mels (new)

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee I can't watch it now, but i will check it out later...G2G, bye! :D

message 13: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Tom Hiddleston is perfect!!!

message 14: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Melisquish wrote: "Tom Hiddleston is perfect!!!"

:D He's amazing.

Melisquish wrote: "TOM HIDDLESTON!!!!!!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5K2AI44XI0s"

Eeeheheh, I saw that interview. Poor fellow. xD

Agent wrote: "Johanna ღ♣✽Hobbit & Proud✽♣ღ wrote: "Agreed. When Loki yelled "TELL ME" to Odin I l..."

'Tis one of my favourite film scenes in all history. Perhaps my favouritest. The acting is just flawless, and my heart breaks practically every time. I agree ! That line was a tear-jerker. It always gets me at, "Because I-I-I-'m the monster parents tell their children about at night?"
*blinks away tears*
Oh, dear.

message 15: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Sorry about the possible herpes XD

message 16: by Dee (new)

Dee I'm watching that video now, it's hilarious!

Thanks Meli!

message 17: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments XD I love it so much

message 18: by Dee (new)

Dee LOL!

message 19: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Sorry about the possible herpes XD

message 20: by Dee (new)

Dee That was a little weird! I love how he is so cool with them being so idiotic. I love Tom!

message 21: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments He's the best :)
When he did her face XD

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee Yes, LOL!

message 23: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments That whole interview is just the best XD

message 24: by Dee (new)

Dee Just because of Tom!

message 25: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Yep. Tom... :)

message 26: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Dee wrote: "That was a little weird! I love how he is so cool with them being so idiotic. I love Tom!"

Yeah. Like, he just played along. I felt awfully sorry for him, but I admire him for it. xD

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 502 comments Okay. So. I just watched this(and the Avengers), and I have a question. PLEASE don't kill me!!

So...before I watched them, I loved Loki. Just from what I'd seen about him on here, and on Pinterest, etc. And I LOVE Tom, he's grand! BUT...as I was watching the movies, I was just going, "What the heck?! Loki, WHY ARE YOU SO EVIL??? Why does everyone love you so much, when you are this evil killing machine? Yeah, you are an amazing actor, and you play your part so well, but WHY????"

You know what I'm saying?

message 28: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (last edited Dec 04, 2013 10:11PM) (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments yojharobed~~ποιοςκλειδώνειIanτσιράκι~~ wrote: "Okay. So. I just watched this(and the Avengers), and I have a question. PLEASE don't kill me!!

So...before I watched them, I loved Loki. Just from what I'd seen about him on here, and on Pinterest..."

I think it's mainly just Tom's pure skill in playing him. I don't know about other people, but I die inside every time I watch Thor, out of pure compassion for Loki. The acting is flawless, and you seriously pity him to the point of disliking Thor for it.
Just when you think Loki's gone past the mark, the point of no return, Tom brings him back with one expression, one look of regret, or pain, or hesitance, and, *shrug* you pity him all over again.
So the answer would be: We're fangirls. We can't help it. :P

It also helps that Loki, though he's a bad guy and in some ways undeserving of his fandom, he's an incredibly good bad guy. I mean, why does anyone like the villain? Loki's witty and smart, with far too much sarcasm for his own good. He's good-looking, with epic fighting skills, even some magic that never fails to surprise and shock you, he makes you laugh, (c'mon, the best laughs in Thor:TDW were Loki's lines, admit it) and, unlike some villains, he has a valid reason for his wickedness.

Again: Pity. I feel sorry for Loki. Yes, he can be a pain in the neck, but he didn't deserve to be lied to. It wasn't his fault he was born a frost giant. And there are some theories about him being forced to do what he did in the Avengers, though I don't know how true to the comics those are . . .

Also Tom. Generally speaking, fans of Loki are fans of Tom Hiddleston. It's like people going to watch Star Trek: Into Darkness just to see Benedict Cumberbatch. I know not everyone did, but there were a bunch of Cumberbatch fangirls who did, and I can bet that through at least half of the film they were cheering for the villain. Why? 'Cause Benedict.

Those are some possible reasons. But again, everyone likes Loki for their own reasons. These are mine.

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) | 502 comments Grand answer. Thanks, Jo. :) that helps, a lot. And no matter what Loki does, I LOVE TOM!

message 30: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments Haha, thanks. YES, ME TOO. <3 :D

message 31: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) | 12768 comments Ahhhhhhhhh I saw this last night, and I freaked out every time I saw anyone. My sister was sitting next to me, and thought I was insane, but that's not the point. Anyway, whenever Loki appeared, I would Squeal and stare at him for the entity of the film. Whenever Eric would appear, I would start laughing, even if he hadn't done anything. I freaked out when I saw Coulson. And then I started freaking out for Hawkeye's appearance for a minute :)

message 32: by johanna, Marchioness Hobbit (new)

johanna (johannad_m) | 7675 comments :D

message 33: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy (stairstepjitters) | 155 comments Jøℌαᾔηα »ℑ'м α ℓїттł℮ мøяℯ тℌαη υşεℓℯşş« wrote: "yojharobed~~ποιοςκλειδώνειIanτσιράκι~~ wrote: "Okay. So. I just watched this(and the Avengers), and I have a question. PLEASE don't kill me!!

So...before I watched them, I loved Loki. Just from wh..."

Excellent explanation, Johanna. (Do you prefer being called Jo? I've seen a majority of people call you that. Just wondering.)