You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Group Themed Reads: Preparation > December 2013 - Theme Voting

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48775 comments The poll for the theme for December is open. https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/9...

It will remain open until Nov 21.

message 2: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4312 comments One question, so i understand. How do you select the items that goes in the polls? Was my theme too general?

message 3: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17068 comments Each month has a theme suggestion thread like https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... . I didn't see your comment in there (double checked but could still be wrong). We miss something? Of course human error always comes in!!

message 4: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4312 comments Ah . I suggest a cozy in message 17. Too subtle? :)

message 5: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 17068 comments Ooohh, no.... I personally plead too much wine. (human error)

Janice, Amy, ruling?

message 6: by Esther (last edited Nov 16, 2013 07:06AM) (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4312 comments Do not bother. I will feel the same way until the end of winter. Plenty of months left. (Sigh) I just wanted to to make sure I had not missed some guideline.

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48775 comments I am so sorry Esther! When I was looking through the thread, I saw that you replied to Rusalka's message and was talking about snow. I didn't read the entire message.

I looked at the poll and we already have 14 votes cast, so I think it's best if we carry on.

Please, make your suggestion again next month (January is usually colder than December).

I feel bad. Last night, I was so worried that I had missed someone's suggestion. I should have listened to that inner voice and checked the thread a third time.

message 8: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4312 comments Janice wrote: "I am so sorry Esther! When I was looking through the thread, I saw that you replied to Rusalka's message and was talking about snow. I didn't read the entire message.

I looked at the poll and ..."

Do not. If i had to make a list of thing that bothers me, it would not even make it. As i said, i just wanted to make sure this was not something I missed.

message 9: by Snoozie Suzie (new)

Snoozie Suzie (snooziesuzie) | 937 comments Perhaps as an apology we should have cozies for January anyway and no vote for that bit then and less work for the mods over Christmas that way too. Nothing to do with the fact I love a cozie of course!

;-)

message 10: by Roz (new)

Roz | 3628 comments Janice, refresh my memory please. Does the chosen book have to be read in December? I know I'm a little ahead of myself here.

message 11: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48775 comments Roz wrote: "Janice, refresh my memory please. Does the chosen book have to be read in December? I know I'm a little ahead of myself here."

It can be read prior to and during December. We don't have any stipulations as to how far in advance you read the book as long as you recall it enough to discuss it.

message 12: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Snoozie Suzie wrote: "Perhaps as an apology we should have cozies for January anyway and no vote for that bit then and less work for the mods over Christmas that way too. Nothing to do with the fact I love a cozie of co..."

I was entertaining the thought of using the themes that were second runners up for all 12 months for January......but not set in stone by any means. I just feel sorry for them all sitting there not being our themes :)

message 13: by AmyK (new)

AmyK (yakyma) | 1044 comments Thank you Janice for setting up the poll for me over the weekend......what would i do without you?

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48775 comments No problem, Amy. I'm happy to help out.

message 15: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48775 comments Esther - check out our December challenge. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I have to thank you, because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the December challenge, and you gave me the idea.

message 16: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 4312 comments Janice wrote: "Esther - check out our December challenge. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I have to thank you, because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for the Dec..."

I saw. cozy is not a genre that I read often but i feel like it. Looking forward to increasing the to-read list

message 17: by Michelle T. (new)

Michelle T. (chely1217) | 148 comments Sounds awesome, but difficult challenge, at least for me... But I'll try my best...