Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Creating Your Own Bookmarks

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Hey Everyone,
Has anyone ever created their own bookmarks to either help promote and go along with their book? Or perhaps because they thought it would be fun? I've done this to help go with my book as I've put fun facts and quote on it. I still have a ton because not too many places I can leave them but I'm trying. Anyone else create their own bookmarks?

message 2: by Penelope (new)

Penelope Flynn | 32 comments I haven't done it yet, but I always thought it would be a good idea... maybe to give to other authors to put in their swag bags for Conventions or events I couldn't attend.

message 3: by L. (new)

L. Benitez | 9 comments I've thought about it and I'm interested in doing it, actually. For my theme of ninjas for my book it could be fun. Where do you make/customize your bookmarks? Or are they homemade?

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken Hughes (kenhughes) | 4 comments I've done it, and they're a lot of fun, especially the more you get to conventions and signings. Look around the better copying shops; some may even have Word templates you can fill out.

Hmm, could you get an even vaguely shuriken-shaped ninja bookmark... :)

One tip: if you leave off direct mention of Amazon and other online sources (besides your own site, of course), live bookstores are more comfortable with you passing them out.

message 5: by L. (new)

L. Benitez | 9 comments Shuriken shaped, huh? I like your thinking, Ken! :D