Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Calling All Authors: Donate Your Signed Books to Our Troops for the Holidays

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Smith | 16 comments If you are an author and looking for a great way to celebrate the upcoming holidays, please consider donating one or several of your e-books or signed copies of your books to Blue Remy’s Books for Troops! You can find all the information you need here: https://www.facebook.com/blueremysboo...

There is also an event to which you can RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/25903...

Please consider giving to those who’ve sacrificed so much to keeping not only our country, but countries all over the world safe.

Note: This is NOT limited to Americans! The giving has reached authors all over the world!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Peterson (amylpeterson) | 26 comments What a great idea and a great service to our soldiers. I'll be sending several copies of Something Furry Underfoot, my humorous, touching memoir about raising a bunch of pets my husband kept bringing home. Should make the reader laugh a lot, maybe cry a little, while providing sound advice about pets. Thanks again for doing this!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Shea (lisashea) | 188 comments I definitely agree that the more we can support our troops, in whatever way we can, the better.

It's interesting that many times even innocuous books can't be sent because they violate the sensibilities of the host country.

Lisa

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Nelson | 10 comments What a great idea! I shared it on FB. Can we donate ebooks?

message 5: by Mikael (new)

Mikael Carlson | 6 comments I'm a soldier myself and have been looking for a place to do this. Thanks for the info!

message 6: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Smith | 16 comments Mikael, you're welcome! Happy to share! And Leslie, I think you can! Check out the main pages! :D

message 7: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Smith | 16 comments Thank you all! I am not the creator of this event. I just wanted to share it! I think it's a fantastic idea and I'm looking forward to sharing my book too! :)

message 8: by Dormaine (new)

Dormaine G. | 10 comments I am sharing everywhere. This is such a good idea.

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Vespia (cynv) | 14 comments Is there still time to send books?

message 10: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Hill (authorjlhill) | 139 comments I hope I'm not too late. I will donate 5 signed copies of my book Killer With A Heart.

message 11: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Smith | 16 comments Not too late at all!!! We have until December 16!

message 12: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Smith | 16 comments I was supposed to receive my books this week, but we've been iced in and no books have shown up! Hopefully they will come this week!

message 13: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Hill (authorjlhill) | 139 comments Just sent 6 signed copies of Killer With a Heart, plus swag. I have 2 sons who went to the Middle East, one's out after serving his time and the other stayed in the Army. Proud of both of them.
Killer with a Heart by J.L. Hill

message 14: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Smith | 16 comments That's so cool!!! Thank them for their dedication and service for me! :)

message 15: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Hill (authorjlhill) | 139 comments I sent a big THANK YOU for all that they do and all they have sacrificed.