Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Prey on Patmos  (Andreas Kaldis, #3)
This topic is about Prey on Patmos
Book Issues > Issue with ISBN: 9780749952365

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GEM (new) - added it

GEM | 28 comments This title was released in the U.S. as PREY ON PATMOS, and in the U.K. and Commonwealth countries an as AN AEGEAN PROPHECY (source: http://www.jeffreysiger.com/novels.ph...).

I have created a record for the Kindle version of AN AEGEAN PROPHECY (ISBN 9780748117901), and added it to the other editions of the book.

However, I was not able to add an edition for the paperback version of AN AEGEAN PROPHECY, as its ISBN (9780749952365) appears to be allocated to the audiobook version of Prey on Patmos.

Would it be possible to remove the ISBN from the audiobook so that it may be used to create the U.K. paperback edition?

Many thanks!

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Normally I woudl say no, but since Amazon, WorldCat, and the publisher's website all say that ISBN should be associated with a UK paperback, I'm gonna do as you ask. Moreover, whoever made taht record included the audible.com seller's page (a no-no) under the URL, so I suspect the audibook record is SUPPOSED to have audio's ASIN attached, not the paperback's ISBN.

All set. Would you like to add the UK paperback, or should I?

message 3: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Oh, and FYI, kindle versions all have ASINs, not ISBNs. I have changed the record for 9780748117901 to say ebook, not kindle. I know that the kindle books themselves list an ISBN internally that they are generated from, but it's Goodreads policy to list them separately with their ASIN.

message 4: by GEM (new) - added it

GEM | 28 comments Ah, right, that's good to know, thanks!

I'd be happy to add the UK paperback, if that's ok with you.

Many thanks for your help - much appreciated!

message 5: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments no thanks needed, for some strange reason, this is my idea of fun...