Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

No Way Out But Through: One Man's Journey from Mental Illness to Clarity and Strength of Soul
This topic is about No Way Out But Through
Book Issues > Primary edition of my book not showing up on my homepage

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Graham (last edited Nov 15, 2013 03:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Graham | 3 comments Hello,

I have two editions of this book and I've recently used the "combine" feature which has combined them both together. There's one with a green cover which is the main version I want advertised as this is the version my publisher has put out, and an older one with a black and orange cover which I published myself previously.

When I go to my homepage and see my book on the right under the "Author Dashboard" tab, the version that still shows up first is the older one with the black and orange cover.

I changed the one with the green cover to the Primary Edition, yet the black and orange one still shows up first on my homepage. I really want the green covered one there instead as the older one is not available anymore and no longer relevant. Everywhere else it seems to show up with the green covered one as the Primary version, however I want it to show up on my homepage as well.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Graham

EDIT: I've just realized that the older orange and black version has been added to more people's "to read" lists etc. Perhaps this is why it's still showing up first?

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Graham,

It's a caching problem. For me, the green cover shows as the default. Yes, some users have already shelved the older version, and there's nothing you can do to change that (that's a feature, not a bug!), but that's not why you're still seeing the older cover show up. Give it a day or two, and you'll see on your author dashboard that the green one is up first.

Graham | 3 comments Z-squared wrote: "Graham,

It's a caching problem. For me, the green cover shows as the default. Yes, some users have already shelved the older version, and there's nothing you can do to change that (that's a feat..."

Thank you sir.

Graham | 3 comments I heard back from Goodreads - apparently I was right in saying that the older orange and black covered one has been added to more people's "to read" lists than the green one (mainly because it's been around for a lot longer) so it's more popular and therefore shows up first.

Therefore, all I can really do is wait until more people add the green covered one to their "to read" lists and eventually it will replace the black and orange one.