Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Multiple requests

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Hello, I need assistance with multiple book issues. It's a bit of a long list because I've been saving them up. Lol.

I need the covers on my ebooks for the Hawthorne Family series updated with the new covers: The Temptation of a Good Man, A Hard Man to Love, Here Comes Trouble, and For Better or Worse. The new covers are on Amazon and B&N already.

I also need the covers on my ebooks for 3 of the Hot Latin Men series books updated with the new covers: The Arrangement, Fight for Love, and Private Acts. The Arrangement and Private Acts look similar, but they've been redone to remove the publisher's name.

Print books Hawthorne Family Series Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 books should be added to the ebooks series. The print books are an anthology of the ebooks.

Print book Hot Latin Men Vol. 2 should be added to the ebooks series. The print book is an anthology of 3 of the ebooks.

Thank you!

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42491 comments Mod
Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as users want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead, we add an alternate-cover edition. See http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1... and http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/85.... As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/31...

message 3: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Oh good, I had no idea that I could choose the default cover. I'll set the default once you guys update the covers.

One question, though. The 3 ebooks from the Hot Latin Men series have new ISBNs because they were previously with my publisher and then once I got my rights back, I self-published them. How will those be handled? The books are exactly the same - no new content, just new ISBNs and covers.

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments As long as the book has a new ISBN, we won't have to make an alternate cover edition. They'll still be combined together into one work on Goodreads, so they'll share reviews and ratings. But they will have the new ISBNs, and you will be able to set them as the default edition just like any other book of yours.

message 5: by Z-squared (last edited Nov 15, 2013 05:03PM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I've added ACEs for every book in the Hawthorne family series.

For Hot Latin Men, I did NOT add ACEs for the ebook editions because you indicated that these had new ISBNs. Please provide the new ISBNs, and I can make those for you.

I added an ACE kindle edition for Fight For Love.

I was unable to add an ACE kindle edition for The Arrangement. The Amazon cover for that book still has the old publisher's name on it. Please provide a link here to the new cover.

I was unable to add an ACE kindle edition for Private Acts, as the Amazon cover matches the one here on Goodreads (both of which lack the old publisher's name).

Also, I added kindle editions to any of your books if you didn't have them already. And your series are all set.

message 6: by Delaney (last edited Nov 16, 2013 07:04AM) (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments New ISBNs for Hot Latin Men:
The Arrangement: 978-0-9852838-7-2
Fight for Love: 978-0-9852838-8-9
Private Acts: 978-0-9852838-9-6

Would you please provide the link to where you saw the old cover for The Arrangement with the publisher's name on it? Here is the link to Amazon with the new cover without the publisher's name. http://www.amazon.com/Arrangement-Hot...

You said: I was unable to add an ACE kindle edition for Private Acts, as the Amazon cover matches the one here on Goodreads (both of which lack the old publisher's name).
My response: What does that mean? What problem does it create because you weren't able to do that?

message 7: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments There's another book I need to have changed, too. Subordinate Position is not part of any series. It has a new cover and ISBN.
ISBN: 978-0-9852838-6-5

message 8: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Delaney wrote: "New ISBNs for Hot Latin Men:
The Arrangement: 978-0-9852838-7-2
Fight for Love: 978-0-9852838-8-9
Private Acts: 978-0-9852838-9-6

Would you please provide the link to where you saw the old cover f..."

New ebook editions added. I don't have a link to the arrangement cover with Amira Press still on it, it appears to have gone away. So no worries there. As for the ACE kindle edition for Private Acts, I just meant that there was no need to make one, because there's no kindle edition on Goodreads with the old cover. There's no problem created, just the opposite. Subordinate Position updated.

message 9: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments I've noticed something...

Under my series groupings, Hot Latin Men Volume I was showing with the rest of the HLM books, but now it's not.

I had requested that HLM Vol. II be added to the HLM series and the Hawthorne Family series print books (volume I, volume II) should be added to that series of books, too. Can you fix that for me?

message 10: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments I already added HLM vol ii to that series. If you click directly on the series, you'll see that the change has been made:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/6242...

Same for Hawthorne Family:

https://www.goodreads.com/series/7553...

Also, I'm not 100% sure about this [if Rivka or another librarian who knows would like to chime in, feel free], but since the print editions are compilations of your original stories, they are not considered 'primary' works in the series. Consequently, their thumbnail pics may not show on your author page. However, clicking on the series title (the links I included in this post) will show that they are part of that series. Also, the Goodreads entries for each book also indicates that they are part of the series. For example, here is Hawthorne Family Vol I:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

The grey title underneath indicates the series name and number.

message 11: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) | 59 comments Hmm...that's strange. I requested Vol. II be added to the HLM series because Vol. I was already showing as part of the series on Friday when I made the request. Now it's not.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!

message 12: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Delaney wrote: "Hmm...that's strange. I requested Vol. II be added to the HLM series because Vol. I was already showing as part of the series on Friday when I made the request. Now it's not.

Thanks for all your ..."

Because after I added HLM Vol. II to the series, I unchecked the box marked 'primary' next to HLM Vol. I.

But regardless, everything looks updated and correctly linked to both series. Let us know if you need anything else!