Challenge: 50 Books discussion

*Retired* 2008 Lists > Nichole - 50 for 2008

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nichole (last edited Feb 10, 2008 12:03AM) (new)

Nichole Robichaux | 1 comments Ok, so I *may* not make it to 50 this year, normally that is an average to below average year for me, but I am expecting my first child in May, so we'll see how much reading I actually get in. I hope y'all don't mind me joining, anyway, even if the goal is a little lofty for me this year!

My reads so far:

1. Pillars of the Earth (this one took me far longer than usual to read)
2. Belly Laughs

I'm currently reading The Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly and The Breastfeeding Book by Dr. Sears.

Thanks to Katie, I've found this group, and the whole site!

message 2: by Joanie (new)

Joanie | 335 comments Congrats Nichole! "The Happiest Baby on the Block" by Dr. Harvey Karp is a great book about how to soothe newborns. We found it really helpful with our son and it's a quick read. Good luck!

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 74 comments Hey Nicole! Congrats! I just had my first in September. A boy, Silas Edison. It has been the most wonderful, challenging trip so far! About not getting any reading done, I've actually found that I've been reading more since I've had Silas. Of course, I'm not working full time. But, I am working on my Master's. I usually read and breastfeed and that has been great. I'd like to invite you to a new web site I'm working on for reading mamas. There is a discussion forum and resource links. We'll see how it goes. The link is http://www.booknboob.com

Congrats! And, good luck on your 50. I'm working on it too!