BookMooch discussion

Why did I mooch

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 13, 2009 08:24AM) (new)

Suzanne | 35 comments this book? Have you ever done this? While looking through my 'library', I asked myself the very same question. So...what did I do? Put it back in my inventory.

message 2: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) I have...a few times. I've even had two of the same exact book on my pending page at the same exact time. I have it like that right now actually. LOL I had my friend Tiare angel mooch a book for me and then I saw it available and grabbed it. I had forgot it was one of the ones I asked her to get and was too excited after seeing it.
I don't like to cancel unless I have to so I figured if a friend doesn't want it I'll just relist it!

message 3: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) Crystal wrote: "I haven't had that happen... yet. Sometimes I'll wonder why I picked something up at the we care shop. Then I remember that it was because I needed 1 or 2 more for the 5 books for a dollar. I have ..."

I know a lot of people who wouldn't ever pick up a book because of that but I do it all the time! Mostly for myself but sometimes just to list too. Actually, I'd venture to say that at least half of the books I read and own were picked because of the title and/or cover. Sometimes I screw myself with a bad one but usually I'm on point! LOL

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I have done that many times. The book description makes the book sound great and then when I am actually holding the book it doesn't look good at all. And then there has been a couple of times that I have ordered a book twice. Right now I have a book that is in my TBR and give-away pile because I forgot I had the book in my TBR pile and ordered it a second time. So now I have two of the same book. I have also bought extra books at the local Savers so I can get a free book. Usually I try to get a book that I might like but if I can't find something I want I try to find something that I think someone would want to mooch. That way I can at least make someone else happy and get some points to get books that I want.

message 5: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Yes well...funny story...I just mooched 2 of the same book - I mooched one and then I was in the hospital for a few weeks, came home and saw that it was available, so I mooched it again without realizing I'd already got it from someone else (it hadn't arrived yet).

Yesterday I went and grabbed the mail - what was in it? BOTH copies of the same book! Nice timing...

message 6: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) That is funny! At least you hadn't received it yet AND had been away in the hospital! I've mooched the second time while the book was already sitting right behind me in my bedroom! LOL THAT'S forgetful!

message 7: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) I only mooch books that are recommended to me by GoodReads friends, are "book of the month" selections or got a five star review here on GoodReads.

message 8: by Cameron (new)

Cameron (220340) | 30 comments i have no idea why!