The World's Literature: Korea discussion

Excursions from Turkey 2013 > The Colonel AND Missing Soluch by Mahmoud Dowlatabadi

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (last edited Nov 03, 2013 03:46PM) (new)

Tara (booksexyreview) | 11 comments Mahmoud Dowlatabadi is a Persian writer from Iran. I loved his novel The Colonel: A Novel and am getting ready to start Missing Soluch: A Novel.

message 2: by Beth Asma (new)

Beth Asma (languagelearner) | 3441 comments Tara, I read your review of The Colonel on GR and on your wonderfully creative international lit blog. What a happy title for it! I would like to browse further into the Icelandic material you posted there in Languages and in the Interviews (Victoria Cribb who translated Sjón).

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara (booksexyreview) | 11 comments Thank you, Asma! I'm looking forward to Icelandic Lit in 2014. I'm still learning how this works - do we stay with Iceland the entire year, with a different book discussed every month?

message 4: by Beth Asma (new)

Beth Asma (languagelearner) | 3441 comments Tara, the survey of literary Iceland encompasses the entire year. Along with those readings, there also are ones from the surrounding region, i.e., the countries in the poll. The principal focus is on Icelandic literature.