queer lit discussion

What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) What glbt book are you reading at the moment?

message 2: by camn (new)

camn i just finished colette's the pure and the impure. not sure, yet, how i feel about it. it seemed as though she viewed queer lives as sad and tragic. perhaps in her time, they were. honestly, based on her reputation, i was expecting something hotter. this turned out to be more of a philosophical treatise on the nature of romance between people of the same sex. i haven't read anything else by her, but maybe i will just to give her a fair shake.

message 3: by Jon-michael (new)

Jon-michael (The_Disciple) i am read " call your self one of them" or "say your one of them"

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda (LyndaSandoval) | 1 comments I'm reading RUN TO ME by Lisa Girolami. A lovely lesbian romance so far.

message 5: by Jan (new)

Jan (JanSteckel) | 10 comments The last queer book I read was For the May Queen (Vanilla Heart Publishing, 2008) by Kate Evans. Kate is my colleague in Woman-Stirred, a queer women's writing collective, and is also on Goodreads. I really enjoyed this book, her first novel. I expected the protagonist to be queer, which she's not. It is, instead, about how people deal with their friends' alternative sexualities. I think it might be a good gift book for friends or relatives who are coming to terms with our sexuality.

message 6: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (AmCheri) I just started Designed for Love by Erin Dutton. I've enjoyed all of her previous books.

I finished Bareback yesterday. I thought it was good but predictable.

message 7: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (AmCheri) Cheri wrote: "I just started Designed for Love by Erin Dutton. I've enjoyed all of her previous books.

I finished Bareback yesterday. I thought it was good but predictable. "

Designed for love was pretty good. i do like Erin Dutton's style and the characters were easy to like.

I'll start on Green-Eyed Monster today.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (gaygangster) | 2 comments any suggustion for me to read

message 9: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1 comments I just finished Stilettos and Steel by Jeri Estes. Wow, this book is completely original and based on a true story about lesbians surviving in a ghetto during the 1960s. A real tear-jerker, but also filled with lots of humor and action.

message 10: by Ninevices (new)

Ninevices | 2 comments I'm looking for something British to read: any suggestions? I'm an expat living hither and tither missing the soggy olde Blighty just a wee bit.

message 11: by Alex (new)

Alex (little_Alex) | 1 comments Ninevices wrote: "I'm looking for something British to read: any suggestions? I'm an expat living hither and tither missing the soggy olde Blighty just a wee bit."

Have you tried Alan Hollinghurst's books?