LDS KIDS discussion

Is Stephanie Meyer Mormon????

Comments Showing 1-50 of 285 (285 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Meshach (new)

Meshach (MshachG) | 5 comments Is Stephanie Meyer Mormon????

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Petersen | 90 comments ya i think so

message 3: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments She is, I'm pretty sure. It says somewhere on her website that she is, too. Did you know that Shannon Hale is Mormon, too?

message 4: by Kami ♥ (new)

Kami ♥  C. | 9 comments her uncle was my math teacher

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Meshach wrote: "Is Stephanie Meyer Mormon????"

i don't think she is.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Alyssa wrote: "She is, I'm pretty sure. It says somewhere on her website that she is, too. Did you know that Shannon Hale is Mormon, too?"

r u serious! I've read one of her books.

message 7: by Callie (new)

Callie (allicay) | 28 comments I didn't know Shannon Hale is mormon. THat's cool!
Stephenie Meyer is a mormon. She had an interview in the church news. You'd never know it from reading her books though! They have a lot of questionable things. She said that all the charcaters have her values even though there is no mention of religion

message 8: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments Oh, yes, Bella definitely has values similar to Mormons'. We all know it's perfectly acceptable to have your boyfriend constantly stay in your room and share the bed overnight without your parents' knowledge. After all, you're not doing anything, so it must be fine, right?

message 9: by Callie (last edited Jun 09, 2009 04:29PM) (new)

Callie (allicay) | 28 comments I know... kinda stupid
that gives people the wrong idea about us. Now all the people who read the twilight series are going to think that mormons sleep with vampires, or something like that...

message 10: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (last edited Jun 09, 2009 04:53PM) (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments Or at least think that avoiding death by risking your soul is a good thing...

message 11: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments so true!!!! plus it swears a lot. i was shocked when my sister told me she was Mormon.

message 12: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments who is shannon hale?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

The goose girl, burning enna, river secrets, and princess academy are all by her.

message 14: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) Yeah, Stephanie must be pretty stupid if those are her values.

message 15: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 57 comments I hate twilight!!!! Hehe just wanted heated conversation. The whole idea behind it is bogus.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy Petersen | 90 comments either you love Twilight or you hate it

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna (aheeder) callie wrote: "I know... kinda stupid.
that gives people the wrong idea about us. Now..."

I know! its embarasing what her standards are. I wonder what her ward thinks about them?

message 18: by Callie (new)

Callie (allicay) | 28 comments i know! I really hate it when famous Mormons do stuff like that, because it reflects on the rest of us.

message 19: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) yeah! we should protest!!!!! jk, it just sounded like a debate or something! like we were going to rally together! sorry, i'll shut up now. . .

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I think it's great that Deseret book finally took the twilight books off their shelves because of the bad values in them!

message 21: by Callie (new)

Callie (allicay) | 28 comments i didn't know that, that's cool!

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna (aheeder) yeah! way cool!

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (JourneyStar) | 56 comments I would join this discussion but I'd be way to excited to talk about how Stephanie Meyer is so bad and the same with Twilight. So, enjoy! =)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Her idea was so great and then she ruined it with all of the immorality.

message 25: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments Good point. And good for Deseret Book! Just because the author is LDS doesn't mean Mormons endorse those values. I wish that the books hadn't had so many swear words in it. Seriously, you wouldn't be able to tell she's Mormon by reading the books, because of all the twisted values.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't think that Meyer really understands that church values, as shown through her books. It's like that scripture that says we will not be tempted above that which we are able. Meyer doesn't understand that this doesn't apply if we choose to put ourselves in temptation's path. Her characters are consistently putting themselves in temptation's way instead of avoiding it. It's hard to believe that she's the young women's president in her ward.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate (i love your name!), I aggree with you. Stephanie Meyer is mormon, but she just doesn't value the church standards.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!!!

message 30: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) I love Shannon Hale... I LOVE STEPHENIE MEYER ya, she's mormon...i love her books...i haven't read the host though..... Have you guys read any anita stansfield?

message 31: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments Stephenie Meyer is the Young Women's president in her ward? Really?

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

That's what I heard, I think the person who told me found it on one of the websites about Meyer or something.

message 33: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments Cool, I didn't know that. I wonder what the people in her ward think about her being famous, like if they're in awe of her or if they just see her as she's always been.

message 34: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments i just hate it how girls say that all guys should be like Edward and are very obsessive. Edward sneaks into Bella's room in the middle of the night without her dad knowing and he's like a stalker. I don't want a guy like that. i want a guy like Cap. Moroni. That would be so cool!!!!!!!!!

message 35: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments That would ROCK! I want a returned missionary. ;)

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments me to!!!!!!!!! if i am dating a boy when its time to go on his mission i'm going to make sure he goes. i don't want to be the reason why he didn't go.

message 37: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments I know! I would be angry at him.

message 38: by Veronica (last edited Jun 15, 2009 08:34PM) (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments i'd probably slap him silly till he thinks straight!!(not really!!!!!!!)

message 39: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) I am going to marry a returned missionary and be sealed to him in the temple to him for time and all eternity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 40: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments me too!!!!! definately!!!!!!!!

message 41: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) =)

message 42: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments Me too! (hopefully) If I do find someone to marry (lol, I'm only 14) I want to get married in the Mt. Timpanogos, UT temple or the Salt Lake temple. I toured the Rexburg Idaho temple Open House, and it was SOOO pretty! And I've always thought the San Diego and Washington D.C temples were pretty. Actually, they're all pretty! If you want, you can look at this: http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/galle...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

DRAPER TEMPLE! I was in the choir for it!

message 44: by ~♥Alyssa♥~ (new)

~♥Alyssa♥~ (lyssie123) | 234 comments You were? Awesome! You must be a good singer!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I love pie!

message 46: by Savannah (new)

Savannah (namesavannah-catcherinsoftball) lol I'm only 12 so i have a while.... I want to be married in the Portland Oregon Temple....

message 47: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (13vjacobs) | 189 comments My family always calls the Bountiul Temple my temple, because i'd always point it out everytime we drove past it when I was little.

message 48: by Amy (new)

Amy Petersen | 90 comments temples are so beautiful, when we would drive home from my grandmas house i would always stare in awe at the temple we passed

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

They are incredible. That's a fact.

message 50: by Abbigail (new)

Abbigail Nielsen (Abberz) Yeah. . .i'm glad we have the temples and the gospel. I don't know where I'd be without the gospel.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6