What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Everything and More
This topic is about Everything and More
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. main character's name is sari, a poor girl who falls in love with a soldier who is reported mia she's pregnant with his child which his father pays to abort.she marries his father, but soldier isn't dead [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 2 comments I can't remember what era the book takes place in,but remember reading it some 15 or more years ago. Sari goes on to become an actress with the help of luke's father. i also seem to remember a character named Athena who hated sari. Sari and her family was very poor and lived over someone's store or garage. this was a great book i'd love to find, but i don't know if i have some of it's plot mixed with a different book, but sari was definitely poor and pregnant with the missing son's child and laters marries his father out of duty. i'd really appreciate it if some one could help me with this

message 2: by mdt (last edited Jun 03, 2009 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

mdt (mdt13) | 106 comments This sounds like Everything and More by Jacqueline Briskin though I don't recall a character named Sari. One of the main characters, Marilyn, does marry her presumed dead fiancee's father and goes on to become a famous actress. Another main character is named Althea.

The destinies of three glamorous and privileged women--Marylin, her sister Roy, and Roy's best friend, Althea--intertwine from their years at Beverly Hills High School to their final tragedy, forty years later.

edited to add: I found a detailed review and Sari is the name of Marilyn's daughter.

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 2 comments OMG MDT! That's exactly the book I've been looking for. I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out the name of this book and I signed up to join this post in the off chance that someone would know it. I never really thought someone would know it because I couldn't remember most of the plot, but thanks to you the mystery is solved. You Rock!!

message 4: by mdt (new) - rated it 3 stars

mdt (mdt13) | 106 comments I'm glad I could help, Stacey! I had a hard time finding that book a couple of years ago too.