Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Weekly Short Story Contests > Week 10 (June 2nd--June 8th) DONE!!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade string.......um.....no comment

message 2: by Caitlan (last edited Jun 02, 2009 11:45AM) (new)

Caitlan (lionesserampant) | 2869 comments Title: The String of Death
Author: Artemis, Goddess of the Night, Hunter of Evil
Word Count:

Now, I know what killed me. A simple string. A tiny yard of red twine. It all happened last week. I was walking home from school; it was such a nice day. The sun was shining and flowers were blooming. Birds and bees raced each other. Dragon-flies buzzed past. It was very beautiful. But, by the time I got home, I was exhausted. I lay down in my bed, and fell asleep. The next thing I knew, it was night outside, and something dark was standing over me, holding the deadly string around my neck. I couldn’t breathe, and without breath I couldn’t struggle to escape. I died quickly, without air or comfort. So, that's how I died. By string. And, the culprit was my grand-mother. Afterwards, she used the yarn that killed me to weave a sweater for my mother for Christmas. My mother loved that red sweater. She wore it until she died. And, ironically, it was the sweater that killed her. It had grown to small, and strangled her in her sleep. Familiar, much? Well, now that me and my mother were dead, my father died from grief. My sister and brother were both sent to the orphanage and died from malnutrition and lack of sleep. My grand-mother has now inherited the family fortune and is chilling in Jamaica. With the sweater, the sweater made out of the deadly string. All this misfortune happened because of a tiny yard of red twine. A simple string.

message 3: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Hahahahaha! String! Like The Fates! :D Hahahahhahahaaha!

message 4: by Jade (new)

Jade The Fates! lol you're funny

message 5: by Jade (new)

Jade Al, it's just completely random and I was in a funny mood, sorry..

message 6: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Hehehehe! I'm in a funny mood, too! :D

message 7: by Hanzleberry (new)

Hanzleberry (doughboyissweet) | 1065 comments Nice story, Al! :D

message 8: by ecka (new)

ecka (kofiehime) ^_^ i like the story!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.