Ratebeer Readers discussion

Time to shuffle the bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William (acknud) It's the first of the month. Time for recommendations or just posting of books you find interesting. I just put up "The Zombie Survival Guide". It is interesting in the amount of thought that went into this. It is a very creative read that moves quickly. I am better prepared for the walking dead.

message 2: by grantonio (new)

grantonio | 24 comments Cool, I took off Endurance and added E.B. White's essays as my new recommendation. It's a great book to grab if you just have 15 minutes or so to read. He covers a wide range of topics and writes so well that I've probably gone through the book three times (not all at once).

message 3: by Muzzlehatch (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:34AM) (new)

Muzzlehatch | 168 comments All right. I'll take down "The Watchmen" and find something else to put up...maybe pick something a bit obscure this time.

message 4: by grantonio (new)

grantonio | 24 comments Hey Barry, I'm reading Till We Have Faces right now (well, not literally right now), at your previous enthusiastic recommendation.

message 5: by Frank (new)

Frank Hays (logicalfrank) | 40 comments Sorry I'm late. I was on vacation. My new pick is Some of Your Blood by Theodore Sturgeon. A very quick read and a wonderfully intense and well-constructed thriller written by the guy Kurt Vonnegut fictionalized as Killgore Trout.