Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > How do YOU do it?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rocky (new)

Rocky (raquelvalldeperas) | 14 comments As I'm starting the first round of edits for my soon-to-be-released novel, I'm wondering how everyone else edits.

Do you have a proven method?
Do you edit as you go, halfway through, or at the very end?
Do you do your own editing, or leave it to the professionals?

Personally, I tend to do most of my editing while I'm writing (EX: write a paragraph, read it over, write another paragraph, read it over...)
When the first draft is done, I'll print it out and mark it up with red pen. Then, I'll print it through Createspace and edit it again. When that's done, I'll send it to a professional, just to be sure I've covered everything.

message 2: by Quanie (new)

Quanie (quaniemiller) I think it depends. If something is nagging at me I'll go back and take a look at that scene and make changes, but for the most part I edit from start to finish (at the computer) a few times before sitting down with a hard copy and pen. I do this for a few drafts until I feel it's solid enough to send out to beta readers.

message 3: by Rocky (new)

Rocky (raquelvalldeperas) | 14 comments Quanie wrote: "I think it depends. If something is nagging at me I'll go back and take a look at that scene and make changes, but for the most part I edit from start to finish (at the computer) a few times before..."

I was wondering if the editing should be done before the beta readers get their hands on it..