The Night Circus The Night Circus discussion

If you could do the moviecasting...

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eva ... who would you pick to play the (main)characters?

I'm curious, because I am in the middle of reading this book and everytime I am reading about Marco and Celia two faces just pop up in my head.

For me it would be:

Celia: Kat Dennings
Marco: Jim Sturgess

Don't really know who I would pick for the other characters....

M.C. Muhlenkamp Kat Dennings would make an amazing Celia! I don't know about Jim Sturgess, he's okay, I just can't picture him as Marco. If I had to choose I'd probably go with Ben Barnes. I think he would make a stunning Marco.

message 3: by Jim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim For the man in the gray suit I would pick Malcolm McDowell

Julie The Prestige kept popping up in my head as I was reading this wonderful book. Everytime Celia was mentioned I kept picturing Scarlett Johansson from the movie (The Prestige). Awesome cast in that movie. Perhaps Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman could be going head to head once again as the magicians :3 David Bowie is a must and put Michael Cain in there too.

message 5: by M.C. (last edited Sep 06, 2013 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.C. Muhlenkamp Hugh Jackman would be really good as the man in the gray suit. Mmm ... he would be really good as Celia's father too, but I think I would rather seen him as the man in the gray suit. Scarlett Johansson would be a great Celia too, with black hair of course. Michael Cain would be awesome!

Nastia I see Gaspard Ulliel as perfect Marco!

M.C. Muhlenkamp Gotta admit, he would make a pretty good Marco.

Yves Fey Oooo...Ulliel!

Gerd Eva wrote: "Marco: Jim Sturgess"

Looking him up I had to think that if he was a couple years younger he would totally fit my idea of Bailey.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

hmmmm I'm not sure about Kat dennings for celia cuz I imagine celia as a bit more slim figured and hat has some major curves :p ... Ulliel is pretty good but I have James McAvoy stuck in my head for Marco o.o *drools* I also like the idea of Emma watson as Celia :D and Jude Law NEEEEDSSS TO BE IN THIS MOVIE....even if he's just the doorman idc :P

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

oh oh what about Camilla belle as Celia??????? and Chandresh is indian.....I'm pretty sure cuz thats and indian name... how bout Alexander Siddig ???

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

if this movie is legit being produced
then the cast needs to be IMPECCABLE.... or tbh I'll cry :/

Danielle If a movie were to be made, Tim Burton would have to direct it and the Jonny Depp could play Celia's father.

message 14: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Emmy Rossum as Celia, Aidan Turner as Marco, Ansel Elgort as Bailey :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Keshena wrote: "The Man in Grey-Ben Kingsley

Celia's father-Alan Rickman

Marco- Charlie Cox

Celia-Jessica Brown Findlay or Gemma Arterton"

Jessica brown would be a good portrayal but I think charlie should be thiessen

Seaspray13 Nastia wrote: "I see Gaspard Ulliel as perfect Marco!"

YES YES YES!!!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Herr Thiessen

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Keshena wrote: "Laibah wrote: "Herr Thiessen"

Oh, yeah. I haven't read this book in two years so I'd forgotten him. How about Ben Whishaw for him?"

That's a good choice too :p