Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

Archives Retired Folder Threads > Asking for positive thoughts and support

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 492 comments I apologize for my disappearance these past few weeks, but my mother was just diagnosed with cancer. It has been a flurry of medical appointments and consultations, almost on a daily basis. The doctors feel confidant that chemotherapy and radiation will be able to treat it, but it is still an incredibly stressful and emotional ordeal for her and everyone close to her. I wanted to thank my two mods for keeping the group going in my absence and to ask if you both would be able to keep the discussions going for awhile longer. She will be starting her radiation and treatment soon, so my presence will probably be sporadic for the next few weeks. Please send positive thoughts her way!

message 2: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9558 comments Mod
Thinking of you. Family is most important. We will miss you, but keep on reading. Take care of yourself too.

message 3: by Antonio (new)

Antonio (antonioarez) I'm so sorry to hear that, Trisha. Of course I send all those positive thoughts hoping everything is going to be fine. Take care.

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Brown (beautygoodbook) A million positive thoughts are being sent your way. Don't worry about the group we got it.

message 5: by Ron (new)

Ron Trisha - The role you've chosen cannot be overvalued or overpraised. You might find that, although the treatments themselves are pretty straightforward, the time between can be something less than a paved road and more of an exploration. Find little things you can both look forward to. Maybe just a little present you can give her after each treatment. Simple things like a back-scratcher, cool socks, a handheld Yahtzee game, those egg shaped EOS lip balms (tolerable flavors for a lot of chemo folks). It's not the gift itself, but the anticipation of it for both of you. And, like Kathy said, take care of yourself.

message 6: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (betsyr_) | 9 comments Wishing a speedy recovery and sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

message 7: by Leila (new)

Leila | 20 comments Sorry to hear this, I wish you the best.

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat (superkatness) | 162 comments We miss you Trisha, and I hope that your mother is responding well to treatment and will be well again soon. Sending prayers to you. :)

message 9: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 492 comments Hi everyone, thanks for all the kind words :-)
Her treatment was going well, but then she had to be taken to the ICU (at 4am...ugh...) due to a dangerously low blood pressure. She stayed there for a week, and them was able to return home and resume treatment. She has about 20 more days of treatment (not counting weekends), so my fingers are crossed that the next few weeks go smoothly. Thank you all so much for keeping her in your thoughts!

message 10: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Been thinking of you.

message 11: by Mo (new)

Mo | 53 comments Best wishes. Take care of what is most important right now. Everything else will take care of itself.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Fingers crossed that your mom gets well as soon as possible.

message 13: by Sue (new)

Sue | 13 comments so sorry to hear this

message 14: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 492 comments I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and support! I have some great news, my mom has finished her radiation treatment and chemotherapy, and she is on her way to recovery. A special thanks to my assistant mods who have been keeping the group running. I'm so glad to see everyone reading :-)

message 15: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Oh, Trisha! That is good to hear. We have missed you!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Trisha
I just joined, and just read this thread.
I wanted to add my positive thoughts to all the others. I wish your mother a speedy recovery ! I'm glad her treatments are all done .