ACIM - Reading, Discussing, Forgiving discussion

Self-study or in a group?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fay (new)

Fay Ratta (fayster) | 4 comments Mod
I'm curious who is going at ACIM alone and who has a group they meet with? I can't find any where I live, but then I like studying it on my own.

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 6 comments I too do not have any groups that I can go to that I know of. I enjoy self study up to a point, but I do like to see/hear others' interpretations of the message to help my understanding too. Spirituality for me is a private thing though in the main and I think that this group will be a good complement to self study.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy Daliege | 1 comments I went to a Thursday night group for years. Now I cannot go because my husband works afternoons and I need to be home with our sons. Also though, I had begun volunteering once a week instead of going to the study group. I felt that I had gone to the group/studied so long, that it was time for me to start putting the things I learned into practice through some kind of community service. So once a week I've been volunteering at a boys home-I consider it A Course in Miracles practice in action :)

message 4: by Suzann (new)

Suzann (suzannkale) Amy, how cool. I've done groups in the past and really benefited from other interpretations and being able to ask questions.

This online group is actually perfect: we get the benefits of others' experiences and input, and at the same time we get the privacy that Julie mentioned.

Namaste,
Suzann

message 5: by Fay (new)

Fay Ratta (fayster) | 4 comments Mod
I bought Ken Wapnick's "Journey Through the Workbook of A Course in Miracles". He takes every lesson of the workbook and expounds on it/explains it. I didn't get it until about lesson 20, but so far, I've really enjoyed it and appreciated it as an 'explainer' of some of the concepts in the workbook.

While certainly no substitute for a group interaction, for me it works well.