Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1)
This topic is about Freak of Nature
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Freak of Nature by Julia Crane → Start Date: September 22, 2013

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Please join all of us, Trisha, Mandiann, Vicki and me (I think that covers everyone) as we read Freak of Nature!

message 2: by Mandiann (new) - added it

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Yay! Sounds like fun! Can`t wait!

message 3: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments This one is new to me, meaning I'd never heard of it until today. Looking forward to reading it with everyone! :o)

Ashlyn | 2085 comments I'm joining.

message 5: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Yay, Ashlyn!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments This is awesome. I'm so excited. I've wanted to read this for EVER and EVER!

message 7: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yay! I can't wait!

message 8: by Jaylee (new) - added it

Jaylee (thewritingj) I want to join! :D

message 9: by Sywar (new)

Sywar | 7 comments I'm joining :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Welcome Tori, Jese and Sywar! Can't wait to read it with you guys!

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm so excited! This cover is just...I love it!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "I'm so excited! This cover is just...I love it!"

I so hear you! This would have DEFINITELY been on my Fav Cover list if we were still doing that challenge, lol1

message 13: by Mandiann (new) - added it

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Oooh! Fav cover challenge sounds like fun! Can't wait to read this one! It is so pretty. Looks like we have a big group. Should be fun!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Everyone ready to start this book tomorrow? I can't wait to see what it's all about!

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I am so ready! I'm going to finish up a bunch today (after my hike)!

I'm so excited for this one! I think we're going to love it!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yay! Me too! I don't have a hike, lol, but I have a band competition to drive to, an hour and 15 minutes away, lol!

:-)

message 17: by Mandiann (new) - added it

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Too many books! I really need to finish a few.

message 18: by Vicki (last edited Sep 21, 2013 07:17AM) (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I am going to try to finish two books today.

I don't think I even read the blurb. LOL I just saw a buddy read with this group of gals and the cover. That's all it took, so I hope we all love it!

message 19: by Chelsea (new) - added it

Chelsea (chelc13) | 997 comments If I can get it and have the time to read it, then I will join.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Cool Chelsea! I think I got it on NetGalley! SO I need to review it anyway!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well I'm just starting chapter six. I like the story, but the writing is a bit stiff in my opinion. Hoping the author relaxes and it starts cruising.

I'm loving the story tho! I can't really make any predictions as to where this is going, but I'm not that observant most times!

Kaitlyn (view spoiler)

Lucas (view spoiler)

Quess (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, finished through chapter 10.

Lucas (view spoiler)

Quess (view spoiler)

Kaitlyn (view spoiler)

This story has such great potential but I feel like there are big holes that are leaving me wondering what I'm missing.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Chapter 19

Harrington (view spoiler)

Lucas (view spoiler)

Kaitlyn (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Finished through chapter 22

Kaitlyn (view spoiler)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok I'm done.

(view spoiler)

If there's a 2nd book, I'll give that a try but if it doesn't improve, I'll be dropping the series! Here's my review link:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 26: by Mandiann (new) - added it

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Kobo won't let me buy it. I keep getting an error. I am getting frustrated and am about to give up on this one since I have so many other books to read. I will try a few more times to buy the book but won't be too disappointed if I end up being unable to read it.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments If you PM me your email address, I'll see if I can loan you my copy, if you'd like..... Just let me know. If you have a lot of other good things to read, you're probably not missing out on much. Except a gorgeous cover, lol!

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments okay, so I did get some chapters in but today got so busy I wasn't able to post. I'll post tomorrow :D

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Sep 23, 2013 05:20AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay I'm 10 chapters in (I'm hoping my spoiler tags work - I'm updating with my phone )

And I can't figure out why (view spoiler)

Quess (view spoiler)

message 30: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments How are you liking this one so far?

message 31: by Mandiann (last edited Sep 22, 2013 09:39PM) (new) - added it

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "If you PM me your email address, I'll see if I can loan you my copy, if you'd like..... Just let me know. If you have a lot of other good things to read, you're probably not missing out on much. ..."

I don't think I can borrow your ebooks, I have a kobo, not a kindle. But thank you very much for the lovely offer.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Okay I'm 10 chapters in (I'm hoping my spoiler tags work - I'm updating with my phone )

And I can't figure out why Lucas likes kaitlyn....other than she's hot
Or why she likes him....except she's..."

Well, it kind of gets explained at the very end... but if you read any of my spoilers you'll know I thought there were a TON of holes in this one!

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yep, done.

I agree, I didn't really hate it but the plot had A LOT of holes......

is anyone else reading this?

I thought

The trip (view spoiler)

and the writing (view spoiler)

love (view spoiler)

bah. Yeah, I wasn't a fan.....it wasn't bad, it just wasn't good.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Yeah, I agree with all of that. The only redeeming feature i found of the trip to florida was that she got closure from Ethan/Evan, lol, and was able to focus on Lucas.

But none of it really made sense... and it just tied up a bit TOO neatly.

Anyway, as I said, I'll give book 2 a chance, because sometimes book 1 can just suck, lol (Grey wolves, lol) but if it doesn't improve then I'll be done!

I don't know if anyone else even started...

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments *sigh* at least this one was short :D

I don't think I'll read book 2.....
I guess I'll wait to see it when it comes out.

lol Grey Wolves! YES! You guys are on book 7 or something like that, right? I'm so glad you guys are still loving it!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "*sigh* at least this one was short :D

I don't think I'll read book 2.....
I guess I'll wait to see it when it comes out.

lol Grey Wolves! YES! You guys are on book 7 or something like that, righ..."

Yeah, book 7 next month, lol! It's crazy I know!

And yes, thank goodness it was short. I'll let you know if it in ANY way redeems itself, lol! If I even remember by that time, lol!

message 37: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Based on your thoughts in this group, I'm going to skip this one for now. I have too many other good books I need to read.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Vicki wrote: "Based on your thoughts in this group, I'm going to skip this one for now. I have too many other good books I need to read."

I can TOTALLY understand that choice Vicki! We have so much going on, there's no time to spend on books that are just eh.

message 39: by Mandiann (new) - added it

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7530 comments Yeah, I will also skip this one as I am still having a hard time buying it for my kobo and am in the middle of four books with another two library books I have yet to start with due dates coming up plus another buddy read tomorrow...lol.

message 40: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so sorry guys, wish I could say it was worth it

but I totally understand not wanting to spend time on a book, like Becky said, that was just meh. :)

message 41: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks for understanding everyone! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Vicki wrote: "Thanks for understanding everyone! :)"

Of course! Glad we could weed it out for you. :P