Avid Readers discussion

Contests > New mod

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Owllover (new)

Owllover | 183 comments Mod
If you win the new contest, you will be a permanent moderator! The new contest is to answer these questions truthfully:

1. How much time do you spend on goodreads a day?
2. Are you going to add things?
3. Why do you want to be a moderator of Avid Readers in particular?
4. Will you search for people who are not following the rules?
5. What are the groups you moderate and how many do you moderate?

I will pick one winner to be the new permanent mod!

message 2: by L (new)

L 1). This varies dependant on how much studying i have to do, writing and housework! This November i shall be working on my novel and so time spent on Goodreads will be less. However, i spend around 1 hour first thing in a morning online. Then several hours spaced out throughout the day ~ anything from 3 + hours a day.

2). Yes, with your aproval. This group is quite wide ranging and so many topics on books can be added.

3). I am an avid reader (as i do read constantly), and books are a very important part of my life. Goodreads is a place where book lovers can unite in one place and so i feel strongly that this wonderful group represents this site perfectly

4). I would try to.

5). I am a moderator of about 4 groups. 2 of these groups sadly have gone quiet despite my best efforts to keep them going ~ i can only "chat" with myself so much and add topics/ threads. A group's sucsess is measured on how active its members are.
One group relating to JRR Tolkien (Tolkien's TCBS) i have worked very hard on, as i am a dedicated eficionardo of this particular author and a member of Oxford's Tolkien society. This group is one that i continue to love very much.

message 3: by Owllover (new)

Owllover | 183 comments Mod
Lucinda wrote: "1). This varies dependant on how much studying i have to do, writing and housework! This November i shall be working on my novel and so time spent on Goodreads will be less. However, i spend around..."

Thanks for your entry!

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments 1) This is different every day, depending on my schedule and my homework, but I spend about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes every day.

2) I will add things, I love trying to make groups better!

3) Goodreads is one of my favorite social apps and I'd love to be a mod.. but Avid readers is one of my favorite groups! I also read all the time, when I'm not playing soccer, swimming, basketball, and studying, and doing goodreads.

4) I will try to do that.

5) I moderate three groups. They are beginning groups and slowly expanding, and I am helping with that. One is called 'Bookies'. it is a group with fun games, discussions, and BOTMs every month. Another is 'Boredom busters.' we try to get our boredom busted, with fun games, polls, videos, photos, BOTM, books discussions and more! The last one is 40's-50's rp, an rp group that I created about two weeks ago. We rp in the 40's-50's time period, and it is very fun!

I hope I am considered to be a mod, thanks!