Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2013 > Series Discussion for Vampire Academy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments Series discussion for Vampire Academy
Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

message 2: by Janice (new)

Janice (janicepl) | 6 comments I loved this series...you never knew what was going to happen next! I don't normally read YA books, but it I love Richelle and vampire stories so it was a no-brainer for me. Are they going to make a tv series or something out of these books? I thought I heard that somewhere.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments I liked this series too. In fact I will probably be doing a re-read by audio in the next couple of months.

message 4: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 973 comments How YA is this series? Is it filled with drama & angst or is it the type that you wouldn't know it was YA if the character didn't mention their age?

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3120 comments It is a little bit of both. It does seem the first ones are more YA than the others.

message 6: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4048 comments I read the first one in the series and while I normally dislike YA this one was pretty good. Not sure why I never picked up the other ones.

message 7: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (jazabell) | 214 comments I've read the first two books, I like the series and do plan to finish it and move on to Bloodlines. I actually read the graphic novel of VA before reading it. I think I probably wouldn't have picked it up if I hadn't been hooked by the graphic novel because once I finished it, I just had to know the in-between details.

message 8: by Marcia (new)

Marcia (marciameara) | 161 comments This is one of my favorite YA vamp series. I couldn't get into Read's "adult" succubus series, but this, I really enjoyed. Rose annoyed me half to death in the beginning, being petty and spoiled, I thought. But to me, she grew up over the course of the story line, and finally became the young woman she was always meant to be. And thereby, worthy of the Warrior God, Dimitri Belikov, who is right up there on my list of all-time favorite male Urban Fantasy characters.

I really couldn't get into Bloodlines. I read the first book, and wasn't impressed, and couldn't get through the second one. Possibly because I truly did not like the character of Adrian, who I saw as a spoiled, petulant, borderline-alcoholic. I didn't like him in VA, and I liked him even less in Bloodlines.

However, I'd read Vampire Academy all over again, any time. I loved the whole concept of the Dhampirs, Moroi, and Strigois, (or as my best friend calls them, the Stromboli's.) The world worked beautifully, as did seeing Rose transform into such a strong character.

message 9: by April (new)

April Simms | 1 comments I enjoyed this series! I'm looking forward to the movie.