Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2013 > Series Discussion for Age of X

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments This is the series discussion for Age of X
Gameboard of the Gods (Age of X, #1) by Richelle Mead

message 2: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments I missed out on reading this one last month so I am looking froward to reading it this month...I feel like i have a second chance :-)

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments This is a hard book to review because it is hard to figure out what genre it is because it seems to be a mash up of many. It took me a while to get into the book, but once I got the world down I liked it. I almost feel like there should have been an introduction from the author that explained the world, I think it would have made things much easier. I also wished that there would have been a glossary of terms, as the book has so many new terms that it would have been helpful to have a reference guide.

Because of my confusion at the start I wasn't sure what to think of Justin and Mae. However by the end I liked both of them. I wish that Justin would give in and do what he has said he would, but getting out of on multiple technicalities. I hate that with his avoidance he continues to hurt Mae. It seems like Justin hides so much of himself with his drinking and sleeping around. It makes you wonder why that is.

Mae is intriguing. I love the idea of praetorians and love even more that women are in their ranks. I was surprised by the secrets of Mae's past that came out in this book. With all of them Mae really had to stop and rethink her life.

While this book did have a slow start, I find myself enamored enough that I will be checking out the next book. I want to know if Justin does what he needs to, what part Mae plays in it, and what Justin was going to do about Tessa that he thought was going to be bad.

message 4: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) Darcy wrote: "It seems like Justin hides so much of himself with his drinking and sleeping around. It makes you wonder why that is."

He kind of remind me of Adrian's use of cigarettes and alcohol and addictions to fight off the effects of being a spirit user. I think (view spoiler)

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments You might be right Sonia. I guess we will have to keep reading to find out.