Takedown Twenty (Stephanie Plum, #20) Takedown Twenty discussion

Read the First 2 Chapters Not thrilled already.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shawn Mcneill After reading the first two chapters today, I think I am done with the series. Spoilers::: It picks up the day after 18 ends. In 19 Steph had 2 huge bonds with what the totals should have been She should have $$$$$ yet she is driving a POS rusted out white taurus. Morelli was shot in the last book and is back to work the next day,. OH and there is a Giraffe running around Trenton. Really enough with the stupid animals in the books too.. I really wonder if JE is actually writing these anymore or if she has a team of writers she has hired to just type these things out.

message 2: by Wren (new)

Wren I agree. I haven't paid for a PLUm book since 16 or 17. Now I go to the llibrary or I borrow from others. I am not wasting any more money on this recycled trash. Stephanie is basically in the exact same place maturity-wise that she has been since about book 14 or 15. The junker car thing is just pathetic now, and the Ranger/ Morelli thing now just make Steph look ridiculous. janet has not had Steph grow or mature as a character. I am surprised either Morelli or Ranger still would want her after all the back and forth stupidity. Honestly, I have read fandiction with greater character development and growth. janet will not get another penny of my money.

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim This series has been bad since book 8 or 9. I will pick it up in the library to skim through (honestly, that's all you need to do) to see if there's been any resolution... but no, there hasn't. Put it back on the shelf, forget about it until I happen across it in a year or so.

With so much out there that's good to read, this series is not worth the time.

pearl_seeker Totally agree! I've never bought a Plum book, I just borrow from the library...and now I'm even gladder!

Stephanie just seems like a stupid bimbo at this point. She's no better at her job than she was 20 books ago (how long ago that's supposed to be in her life, we don't know).

She can't make up her mind between Ranger and Morelli YET. So in this one she's Joe's 'girlfriend', but she's still kissing Ranger passionately? WTH? Ranger keeps encroaching on Stephanie/Joe's relationship and Joe keeps pushing Stephanie onto Ranger...it's bizarre.

No matter how much money she makes in bails, she still has NO MONEY for a decent car, furniture, savings, etc. As many have pointed out, there's been NO GROWTH in Stephanie at all. She's as big of a screw-up and quasi-adult as she was in the beginning.

I've read my last Stephanie Plum novel!

Angel I really used to enjoy this series. There has been times when i would just laugh-out-loud reading these books. I hate to have to say this but the series has become stale. Janet Evanovich has just tried to stretch this series out much too thin. She needs to bring this series to an END. Then we can all move it. Thanks for the memories, but sometimes a good thing can go too far.

Joan Lloyd Every now and then I like a bit of fluff - a book with nothing (and I do mean nothing) to strain your brain. This was it and I did enjoy it. I do agree that the series has gone on long enough (although I'm sure it sells zillions and that's what it all about after all) but I read Heist and that's not a good new direction, Janet.

message 7: by Coni (new) - rated it 1 star

Coni Wren wrote: "I agree. I haven't paid for a PLUm book since 16 or 17. Now I go to the llibrary or I borrow from others. I am not wasting any more money on this recycled trash. Stephanie is basically in the exac..."

Got bored and lost interedsted so stopped reading it? A giraffe????