The Dusty Bookshelf discussion

Theme Reads > September '13 - Next in a Revisit

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Stewart (haybop) | 491 comments Mod
This month's theme read shall be 'Next in a series' and/or 'Revisiting an author' :D

They sound pretty self-explanatory so I shall wish you all good reading :D

message 2: by LiLaboti (new)

LiLaboti | 70 comments i think i'm gonna read Khaled Hosseini's new book "And the Mountains Echoed.."

that counts, right... not a series (but almost)...and not rereading either..still..???

message 3: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (elemenopew) | 20 comments For anybody looking for inspiration, there's this list I found that might help: 50 of the Best Books You Haven’t Read by Authors You Already Love

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (Books: A true story) (booksatruestory) | 490 comments Mod
Lilaboti - I'm going to start his second book A Thousand Splendid Suns this week! I think it totally counts!!

Tanya - I love that list. There are tons of authors on there that I love reading. It's so fun to read the books by famous authors that don't get a lot of hype - a lot of them are really good ones.

I'm reading The Hourglass Door and the next book The Golden Spiral for my challenge. They've both been on my shelf for only a year. They're just babies! But they are getting dusty and I need to read them.

message 5: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 307 comments It's not exactly 'next' in the series, but it is a series book by an author I love and haven't read in a while. I'm starting Final Curtain, by Ngaio Marsh. I had thought that I had all of her Roderick Alleyn mysteries years ago, but when I was cataloging my books last year here on Goodreads, I realized that I was missing a couple. I don't think they're in print, but someone I know on another site was kind enough to send me a copy that she had, so I am just now getting around to reading it. I love this series, so it should be a real treat!

Final Curtain (Roderick Alleyn, #14) by Ngaio Marsh

message 6: by Hayley (new)

Wow, it sounds like everyone's getting sorted here :) Whilst I won't be joining in I shall instead be starting to read a whole new series - The Hamish MacBeth series by M. C. Beaton :) Thankfully my library has all of them in eBook format!

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (drokka) I love, love, love Hamish MacBeth! Big tip, do not envision Robert Carlyle as Hamish - it won't work. But enjoy the series. It has me laughing all the time.

I've started Renegade (though my copy is called Rebellion) the second of the Bruce Trilogy.

message 8: by Hayley (new)

Yeah, I read the first 2 pages already and somehow Robert Carlyle doesn't embody the lanky, gangly, red-head that's being described ;)

Sounds like a good choice there Darcy :)

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (flutterby32) | 54 comments I think I will read Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom. I haven't read any of his in a while so I shall be "revisiting" his work.

message 10: by Hayley (last edited Sep 08, 2013 12:12AM) (new)

I think I shall save the rest of the Hamish Macbeth series for later... I'm going to revisit John Wyndham - I have a load of his begging to be read :D

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (gxeninjo) | 53 comments I'm going to be revisiting an author by reading "Mansfield Park" and I'll be reading the next in a series with "The Grand Tour", though I may need to reread "Sorcery and Cecilia or the Enchanted Chocolate pot".

message 12: by Hayley (new)

I am happy to say that in the last 4 days I have managed to revisit 4 books by 2 authors, 2 of said books were next in Nesbo's Harry Hole series - woohoo!

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) It wasn't a series but this month I revisited Margaret Atwood, it had been a few years since I last read anything by her so I took the very chunky Alias Grace on holiday with me.